Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, why? Save states aren't more vital than getting more games to run.
The developer has stated that he will not work right now on the core features that will improve compatibility because of several reasons (that don't need to be repeated), and stated he will work on more trivial things. I'm suggesting a more trivial thing. Everbody but the 3D guy agrees that compatibility is king, that much is obvious, but staplebutter will not work on it at this moment. That's why I asked if you are following the thread.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Savestates is not really something that might be done in the middle of the developement in my opinion, but that's just me.

If you modify the way they work later, old ones won't be compatible anymore, it often happened with other emulators (on PC, mainly). Modification of the code can also break them, that's why fancy stuffs are often done once the core work is over.

About the compatibility problem, if it's really a SPC timing, why not just add an option to play without sound? I remember SnesAdvance had compatibility problem because it wasn't emulating sound and because lots of games require sound emulation to work and the problem was fixed by using a .dat file with info to nop the spc functions and make the games runs.

But you are right, the choice is for StappleButter, though I also think it's pretty useless to work on other sides if the emulator is not enough compatible to be playable (of course, I respect all the work put in it until now, but I don't think it's enough stable yet to require fancy features, especially if the core features are not sure to be reworked later, it might only be a loss of time in the end, as right now, near like half games still doesn't boot at all :/).

Reactions: SLiV3R

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's refreshing to me to play an emu that doesn't have savestates from a gameplay standpoint, I play games far more earnestly if I can't like rewind all of my mistakes, heheh.
Now, sure, in time I hope it supports them but I'm in no hurry to see them implemented in blarg, personally.

Reactions: SLiV3R

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cmon guys ... let staplebutter work on whatever he wants. He's doing this for free and the best thing we can do is show our appreciation and encourage him. I'm sure he or someone else will work on compatibility again at some point so let's not jinx it by being negative ;)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I have a minor suggestion, I would like the background image to be a foreground image instead, enabling people (me) to completely mask off areas of the play area, perhaps even semi transparent masking to allow basic effects like scan lines or a simple crt mask.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
It would be cool if Loopy, FluBBa and those legendary emulator coders on the gba and ds showed up and said: now it's time for some veterans to enter the 3ds scene :)

Reactions: Idaho

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would be cool if Loopy, FluBBa and those legendary emulator coders on the gba and ds showed up and said: now it's time for some veterans to enter the 3ds scene :)

They don't seem to be interested in 3DS emulators, unfortunately.

Death78793

What is this, a first person shooter?
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! Happy 9.0.0-20 N3DS XL owner here. BlargSNES works flawlessly and looks amazing! Really looking forward to allowing CSND on N3DS so I can relive all those glorious nostalgic memories on this huge screen :lol:

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe if some people donate a 3DS that's gateway compatible and Gateway to them :P

Flubba already have one from what I read. Not to mention near all 3DS are now compatible with gateway anyway.

If it was the only problem, they would have asked for donations a while ago, and they didn't.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The developer has stated that he will not work right now on the core features that will improve compatibility because of several reasons (that don't need to be repeated), and stated he will work on more trivial things. I'm suggesting a more trivial thing. Everbody but the 3D guy agrees that compatibility is king, that much is obvious, but staplebutter will not work on it at this moment. That's why I asked if you are following the thread.
Title changed.
also I didn't say compatibility wasn't as important. It was suggested also because he said he was taking a break. Now welcome to my world of endless flame from a bunch of retards that don't read.

Nuxx_exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't get Blargsnes to find any roms on my SD card except for Super Mario All-Stars & World, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, or the DKC trilogy. I've tried to load different roms on v1.2 and 1.3 to no avail. I'm on a 3DS XL 9.2.0-20U if that helps. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong