Hacking Blocking sony websites

Magsor

I am watching you
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to block sonys website that communicate with my console before i start fiddling in it. It a little bit of paranoia I know but does anyone knows what websites I should block in my router?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Magsor said:
I want to block sonys website that communicate with my console before i start fiddling in it. It a little bit of paranoia I know but does anyone knows what websites I should block in my router?
Not sure, but I think for it to be connected to the net, it's connected to Sony servers, sorry, but it doesn't matter, Sony can just find out from your ISP, everything you do offline and online gets logged, the moment you put your ps3 online, Sony knows everything.

Magsor

I am watching you
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And they do that magically? my ps3 is bound to send infos somewhere.
Its much more practical to have my ps3 online so i can send stuff over ftp and such.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Magsor said:
Its much more practical to have my ps3 online so i can send stuff over ftp and such.
I don't know how they do it but it's true, it's confirmed, that's one of the problems with hacking, everything gets logged on and offline.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gifi4 said:
Magsor said:
I don't know how they do it but it's true, it's confirmed, that's one of the problems with hacking, everything gets logged on and offline.

They can't do that if you go in network settings and disable the internet connection on your ps3.

Of course, they log everything you do offline too, so the second you reenable the internet connection and go online, everything you did since the last time you go online would be sent to Sony.

So in other words, the only way for them to never know anything is to never enable the connection ever again.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Apart from gaming online, why would you ever want the connection enabled?
All PSN software gets dumped and I don't play online so I have no need to go online ever.
Once you start messing with the firmware you may as well forget about online. It's not like 360 where just the disc drive's firmware is modified, and challenge responses spoofed, it's the whole console's firmware. Think jtag 360, no one in their right mind would take one online.

Ishi23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quote from other site:

On boot the system contacts the server and uploads the play list, etc. this list alone is enough to get anyone that goes online banned as it shows the bootmanger etc. has been running. Here is the list and what they do, I port sniffed this a while ago before I went online with a retail unit >.> because I am not stupid hehe.

fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > Update Server (sys updates)
mercury.dl.playstation.net > What's new ads
nsx.np.dl.playstation.net > playstation store preview
nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net > ads
(main file exchange connections)
us.np.stun.playstation.net > on boot initiates connection
ena.net.playstation.net > SSLv3 connection after above connection
dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > secondary update attempt (could force updates)
auth.np.ac.playstation.net > SSLv3 authentication server
(destination servers)
service.playstation.net (has multiple IPs if only the ip address is blocked)
(Error Reporting)
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net (uploads crash reports etc.)

Almost all connections cannot just be port blocked, the port will continue to increment until it connects, you have to block the entire domains. Also a big point is that ALL computers on your network need to have these blocked not just the PS3's MAC because if you are running a proxy for example to get patches, the computer you proxy to will just allow the connections right out to the open unless all local IPs are blocked from these sites as well.

This is some of the information sent to them:

>the xml file it uploaded contained all the network devices for my home, plus media server hostnames, identifiers, and mac addresses. weird. and creepy.

> also, when the ps3 finds, at boot, that it can connect to the psn ad servers, but not the update servers, it randomizes the connection port and tries 15-20 more times.

> also, it sends a lot of encrypted data (????)

Magsor

I am watching you
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks ishi23 seems that having a playstation.net filter does the trick.now i can browse anonimously(at least think i can)
smile.gif

nevertheless my console does not ask me to update from 3.41 anymore.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently if you run Gaia or MultiMan before you shut down, it clears out the spy files so there's nothing left for it to send to Sony next time you turn it on. Of course, that's just the stuff they know about in the HDD, there could be more hiding in a chip somewhere like with the 360, so still probably should just take it off the network or something.

If you want to stream media without it being able to send info to Sony, you can set your DNS servers in the network configuration to something invalid. It wouldn't let me use 0.0.0.0 like I used on 360, but 1.0.0.0 seems to do the trick. No internet connection (browser won't work, can't send spy stuff to Sony, etc) but I can still stream videos via my media server.

Thingula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only safe way to do the jailbreak would be to:

1. Turn your system offline
2. Jailbreak your PS3
3. Use some sort of homebrew app (yet to be made) that will erase or allow you to modify the log

I don't see this happening too soon. That's why I'm waiting to jailbreak my PS3. I'm wondering if there will be a ban wave and if any skilled coder will come out with some type of application to help keep me safe from Sony's watchful eye.
tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thug4L1f3 said:
Apart from gaming online, why would you ever want the connection enabled?
All PSN software gets dumped and I don't play online so I have no need to go online ever.
Once you start messing with the firmware you may as well forget about online. It's not like 360 where just the disc drive's firmware is modified, and challenge responses spoofed, it's the whole console's firmware. Think jtag 360, no one in their right mind would take one online.

So then, in that case, would it be safe to assume cheating online likely won't be too much of an issue for PS3 owners?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on...