Homebrew Homebrew app Bloopair: Connect Controllers from other Consoles natively

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And how do you want to use the special attacks?
Im Just asking because hid to vpad is allowed to do this. Not only for Splatoon but for Other games like Deus Ex or Tokyo Mirage. My left joystick is a bit Broken and its a pain playing with it.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since 3rd party Controllers haven't got the ability to shutdown the WiiU Console with Bloopair I made a Channel that shut's down the WiiU, saves you getting off you butts to manually turn off the WiiU once you've finished using it :P
I actually made it a month ago for another user and had no intention of sharing it but I thought others may find it useful too :)
Big thanks to @BaamAlex for the RPX file and the suggestion :D

Attachments

• Shutdown Wup [0005000010102222].zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 74

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since 3rd party Controllers haven't got the ability to shutdown the WiiU Console with Bloopair I made a Channel that shut's down the WiiU, saves you getting off you butts to manually turn off the WiiU once you've finished using it :P
I actually made it a month ago for another user and had no intention of sharing it but I thought others may find it useful too :)
Big thanks to @BaamAlex for the RPX file and the suggestion :D
could be convenient. I just use my pro controller, but this is a nice alternative.

Reactions: ploggy

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@GaryOderNichts , it just disconnected again, the dual sense. that's the last bug that I can find. it randomly disconnects. it's not often, but it does happen every few days and for no reason.
With disconnect you mean the controllers turns off, and you can reconnect it by turning it on again?
Or does it completely unpair from the console?

I wonder if there is some sort of "inactivity count". If the console doesn't send any reports to the dualsense (for example if no rumble is going on) that it turns off after a while.

Reactions: godreborn

Toyface19

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to leave a post to say that the 8bitdo Arcade Stick works great with Bloopair. I downloaded and installed 0.5.0 as I have CBHC still and then paired the Arcade Stick as a Switch Pro Controller via Bluetooth - worked right away once I ran Bloopair and pressed the sync button. Does not need to be repaired either once you've turned the Wii U off, just run Bloopair again and had to the home menu and turn on the Arcade Stick.

I did this to use the CrazyMac build of RetroArch which is packed full of my favourites. To get it working, you need to had to Input, then choose User 1 input index as "Wii U Pro Controller" and load up a game. In some cores, it does ovverride this setting so keep the Gamepad close, hit the home buton to get to RetroArch menu then go through the above steps, but also be sure to make controller 2 port empty as otherwise you will end up controlling two players from one controller. Bit finicky and I'm sure with a newer version of RA (CrazyMac 2.0 is old on 1.7.7) I wouldn't need these steps, but having the GamePad close isn't much of a problem.

Reactions: AQS

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to use this with a Dualshock 3 and it freezes when I launch the program from the homebrew channel. Rolled back to version .50 for Tiramisu just in case, and same thing.

Am I missing some crucial step?

Turns out it was my error. Had to access Homebrew Launcher via the Mii Channel after updating my Wii-U with Tiramisu. Using the old launcher channel didn't work

Last edited by supermist,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GaryOderNichts , I think it just disconnected again. it was on idle, but it seemed to disconnect the controller in less time than is usual. I'm going to check if it's the controller, but it's a new controller from only last month. I've been playing tales of arise on the ps5, so I'm going to see if it disconnects while playing that. all other controllers run fine, even the xbox one one. and, the other controller I bought at the same time has never disconnected from the ps5. I'll test it for a week, since I play new games not so often (only in the mornings).

revvv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Awesome project! My joy-cons work perfectly as separate controllers!
Are they also supported as combined controller? I was not able to configure them as one controller. Is it possible?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GaryOderNichts , I've been testing the dual sense I was using on the wii u on the ps5. it has not disconnected. and, other controllers do not disconnect on the wii u including a bloopair one, the xbox one controller, so it must be a bug with the plugin and dual sense controllers. there are days when it never disconnects, then like the last time, it happened five times in two hours. it doesn't seem to be just when it's been left idle either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow