Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King releases December 21st on Switch

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King will be available on December 21st, 2017, console-exclusive for Nintendo Switch.

9d0052f5-3026-4faa-a36d-2b78182685bb.jpg

"Explore a vast open game world in classic action-adventure fashion as Lily, Knight of the Rose! Slash your way through monster-infested dungeons to save the Kingdom of Blossom from eternal darkness."

"Collect unique weapons, spells, and more during your journey to take down powerful bosses and solve clever puzzles.Be part of a vivid, dynamic story passed down from grandfather to grandchildren by influencing the course of events yourself!"

9dc4af27-b038-4670-b432-643ef3eea594.png e5a53d2f-ecf6-4e2b-95ff-bd89014f5110.png e183293b-0638-49fd-98c0-be8324e19731.png d90413c6-88af-4b5a-9d98-5ae8251e42d4.png b2ceb46b-cfbf-4d87-a44c-20242c4b92af.png 1c349692-8bc3-419a-b516-9d395243429e.png
:arrow:Blossom Tales Official Site

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this looks cute af.
i have seen a couple of such games on the switch, they seem lovely gameplay wise as well.

now i am thinking and asking myself why i am on 2.3 still ! xD

if more of these come i might see myself updating sometime soon.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
typical murcian idiot doesn't agree with something so call them a troll. pretty much what you can expect from the I-DRONE GEN gtfo on the list!
f_facepalm.gif
You don't say?

Murcian.. Oh my.

Reactions: Deleted User

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played the pc version and i gotta say i really enjoyed it. i like the zelda games, especially the 2D ones, alttp beeing one of my all time favorites.

it is sort of a zelda clone, but that's not a bad thing, right? if you like 2D zelda games definitely pick this up, it feels and plays pretty much exactly like 2D zelda, while adding some new mechanics. i never felt bored because it was "too similar to other games" or anything.

it's worth the money i tell ya, can only recommend it.

won't be picking up the switch version as i already finished the game, but it was one of the games that i really wanted to have on a handheld.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long did it take you to beat it? Is there much side-questing or optional items?
I just checked my savefile, it took me just a bit more than 11 hours to finish it.
Optional items like heart pieces, crystals for upgrading the energy bar and some special items/attacks you can only get by "trading" with npc's exist.

(also i played version 1.0.0.3 or something which is sort of old, it's possible that they have added more content to the switch version)

like i said before, if you like 2D zelda games you'll very likely like this game as well, it's essentially a zelda game without all the tloz sprites. but with new puzzles and new enemy types i haven't seen in zelda games yet.

Reactions: sup3rgh0st

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't this a bit too close to Zelda? Isn't this too similar to even be legal can't they get sued or something
Can't get sued for having a similar game, they'd have to literally rip assets to be in any sort of danger. You'd think Nintendo would've sued anyone that made an alttp-like game if that were the case.

D

Deleted User

Looks good, looks nice, but if people are saying rooms are ripped straight from Ninty games, and that it's using an open sound library rather than custom real music..... I dunno..... Reading that put me off it straight away.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good, looks nice, but if people are saying rooms are ripped straight from Ninty games, and that it's using an open sound library rather than custom real music..... I dunno..... Reading that put me off it straight away.
i wouldn't say any rooms are straight ripped. there's 2-3 rooms that look really similar(more like "tutorial rooms" for explaining items), but no rooms are the same.

the dev's really had good ideas on creating unique and new dungeons. i never thought stuff like "oh i already had this puzzle or this room in a zelda game so i already know what to do"

the music is not too great but i've heard worse. I wouldn't expect high quality soundtracks like Ninty has em anyway. i mean it's an indie game, i doubt they can afford a lot.

you could just play the demo on pc (i think there's demo, someone mentioned something about that)

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks almost ex actly like a rom hack lol. That aside $20 physical and id be tempted. Perhaps ill just T#rr^&t me a copy to see how it is.

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Help! I need a troll translator!
zelda ripoff with shitty graphics no thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Game complete trash. Why the hell everybody's creating games where the main character is a female? I don't play games where the main character is the female.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda Legend Of The Sleeping King.

Wtf this is exact Zelda, how can Nintendo allow that?

Most of the company are the guys who created wind waker. Probably using grey area laws to allow them to still publish Zelda games. As long as they don't use the name, Nintendo probably can't touch them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 3D printing with chocolate. :D