• Total voters

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
  • Blue pill sends you back to being 10 years old with all the knowledge you already have.
  • Red pill sends you forward (or back in the case of some) to being 50 years old with $50,000,000 USD
Which one you'll take?

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: banjo2

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Blue Pill, I want to tell young me to ask that girl I had a crush on in Elementary School but didn't have the courage and bravery I have today.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
50 years in demon years is what 5 minutes of being born is to a human.
Yeah but I am a familiar and that means 50 in human hears is just a years closer to *poof* and then waiting to be summoned back again. That can take anywhere between 2 to 3 minutes but during that time I won’t have my phone and I would get super bored. So like, not about speeding up the process towards *poof*

BraveDragonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give me the blue pill, at least I can probably make millions while still being so young with the knowledge I still have. Why be rich at 170 years old or on your death bed?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will you though?

7077418873_3591ffd1c7_b.jpg

Give you purple pill so you forget about me whipping you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fairly pointless question really.
I could make more money going back to being 10 if I cared about that (even if you are currently 11 you could do a lot), was already a child that knew a bit too much about things as well so would not even have to worry about slipping for a few years. 50 years is a fairly decent age for much of my lineage as well so seems like a weak option on that front and not like the money would do too much good for me.

Would have to do puberty again but small price to pay. Don't have any boring "would never be able to recreate circumstances of loved ones" things holding me back that so often plagues these sorts of threads for people, partially as I have none and any I might have would generally be interchangeable (plenty more fish in the sea and all, no difference here). Would be somewhat powerless to prevent the deaths and deteriorations of what loved ones have since died as most things there were written long before I was 10 and early detection only does so much there (my medical knowledge also not being quite enough to recreate anything likely to get advanced enough in time, though maybe if I went super investor).
No question of me keeping it all very private, and even minimising chances I get uncomfortable questions to answer.
Now the question of what world events do I change. Between the exploits I know serious details of (as well as being long before the test based coding approach, might even be able to code in a few of my own if I want to go that way and "contribute" to development of various things) and what I know of tradecraft I could probably do some seriously interesting things anonymously, though might have to do negative approaches* as anonymous tips in many cases already existed. You also have butterfly effect kicking into overdrive at that point.

*if we are doing the American examples because easy for them to understand then let's do the whole 11th of September 2001 thing. I would have many years to get established (serious war chest, would be a ghost in the machine with serious power over any number of computer systems, nice number of contacts able to do interesting things). Now I no more care about a few thousand people in New York and such than I do [insert whatever person did a flying mince technique on a bus last week that I searched for this example and you knew even less about]. The wars that resulted, the laws passed as a result, the political situations that happened, and economics of all that are more interesting to me and are broadly negative from where I sit. Would probably be simple enough to send explosives to various airport security setups in 1998 to puncture the myth of American invincibility to get security increased, though now we have some serious butterflies to contemplate. Similarly politician gonna war** whatever the colour of their tie and there have been enough arseholes that have their own creative interpretation of religious books, drug manufacturing and ideological things they care to spread at the point of a sword (some might even hold a mirror up at some Americans here) or with a boot on someone's neck that you are never short of targets, might even find a legitimate one you can win against if you look hard enough.

**you have a nice big shiny military that needs to be taken out and exercised every so often to justify the spending (spending to several of your mates that provide your people and will pay you handsomely after it is all done) as well as appease the bloodthirsty people in command of it, it is a surefire way to get a second election/numbers bump, can be quite profitable for various interests, can see you gain power out there in the world (we will put you in/remove you from power, expect the favour returned).

Reactions: JuanMena

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
Fairly pointless question really.
I could make more money going back to being 10 if I cared about that (even if you are currently 11 you could do a lot), was already a child that knew a bit too much about things as well so would not even have to worry about slipping for a few years. 50 years is a fairly decent age for much of my lineage as well so seems like a weak option on that front and not like the money would do too much good for me.

Would have to do puberty again but small price to pay. Don't have any boring "would never be able to recreate circumstances of loved ones" things holding me back that so often plagues these sorts of threads for people, partially as I have none and any I might have would generally be interchangeable (plenty more fish in the sea and all, no difference here). Would be somewhat powerless to prevent the deaths and deteriorations of what loved ones have since died as most things there were written long before I was 10 and early detection only does so much there (my medical knowledge also not being quite enough to recreate anything likely to get advanced enough in time, though maybe if I went super investor).
No question of me keeping it all very private, and even minimising chances I get uncomfortable questions to answer.
Now the question of what world events do I change. Between the exploits I know serious details of (as well as being long before the test based coding approach, might even be able to code in a few of my own if I want to go that way and "contribute" to development of various things) and what I know of tradecraft I could probably do some seriously interesting things anonymously, though might have to do negative approaches* as anonymous tips in many cases already existed. You also have butterfly effect kicking into overdrive at that point.

*if we are doing the American examples because easy for them to understand then let's do the whole 11th of September 2001 thing. I would have many years to get established (serious war chest, would be a ghost in the machine with serious power over any number of computer systems, nice number of contacts able to do interesting things). Now I no more care about a few thousand people in New York and such than I do [insert whatever person did a flying mince technique on a bus last week that I searched for this example and you knew even less about]. The wars that resulted, the laws passed as a result, the political situations that happened, and economics of all that are more interesting to me and are broadly negative from where I sit. Would probably be simple enough to send explosives to various airport security setups in 1998 to puncture the myth of American invincibility to get security increased, though now we have some serious butterflies to contemplate. Similarly politician gonna war** whatever the colour of their tie and there have been enough arseholes that have their own creative interpretation of religious books, drug manufacturing and ideological things they care to spread at the point of a sword (some might even hold a mirror up at some Americans here) or with a boot on someone's neck that you are never short of targets, might even find a legitimate one you can win against if you look hard enough.

**you have a nice big shiny military that needs to be taken out and exercised every so often to justify the spending (spending to several of your mates that provide your people and will pay you handsomely after it is all done) as well as appease the bloodthirsty people in command of it, it is a surefire way to get a second election/numbers bump, can be quite profitable for various interests, can see you gain power out there in the world (we will put you in/remove you from power, expect the favour returned).
Purple pill

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...