Board for New Tech?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the new handhelds coming for gaming and general products that are tech related I think it would be a great addition for gbatempt to have a dedicated board towards new projects. It's true the news editors are pretty great at writing articles for eye catchy new devices although it may be neat to have the general public post links to new and upcoming devices from sites like indiegogo and what not.

It's understandable that a group might be more appropriate at the same time not everyone will join a group as quick as they would click on a link within the forum show casing specific new and upcoming hardware. I believe this would also help the review team keep up to date with new consoles as they can't really be on new products 24/7 or one might catch their eye that might look pleasing enough for them to review.

Theirs so much new tech released daily even knowing about a cup that might run Pokemon red would at least be cool to read about and see for the laughs. So I'm giving the idea to add a board just for new tech related devices as a way for users to explore new gadgets and techy devices and share them with the rest of us.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No I mean a forum dedicated to new products.
The problem with new tech is it can very fast become old tech. Just look at a company like Powkidddy they bring out new handhelds all the time sometimes 2 or 3 a month and most of the time all that changes is the case or a minor hardware revision is made ect. What would the rules be for such a forum like when does it go from new tech to being old tech? A month? 2 months? And so on

Much easier just to keep this sort of news in the user submitted news section as @DinohScene already said.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FPGA consoles come to mind, if we are talking about new sections.
but a section for "NEW" products would raise work for mods because , as stated, after some month some stuff isn't new anymore and must moved to non-new forum areas
and if there is a new thingy which is worthy of presenting there are the user submitted news.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu