Homebrew Boot9Strap/SigHax Install Success Rate

BGC592

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Followed the guide to the letter, got B9S loaded from an a9lh system within around 20 minutes, all working pretty much perfectly.

What i'm amazed by is the time difference in installing, considering it took me a good while to install a9lh (granted, most of which were nand backups lol)

D

Deleted User

thats typical if you dont have an SD Card inserted.
if you did not copy the file (boot.firm) into CRTNAND it cant boot without SD Card inserted.

So maybe check the files if you have everything correct.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Yamauzura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thats typical if you dont have an SD Card inserted.
if you did not copy the file (boot.firm) into CRTNAND it cant boot without SD Card inserted.

So maybe check the files if you have everything correct.

Just tried redownloading all the files and put them on my SD again, still nothing. This is what all my folders look like

mDYWB
mDYWB

mDYWB

Last edited by Yamauzura,

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to B9S I realized that I have an issue with my games. I just tried to update Pokemon S&M to the latest version but after I hit the 'download now' option nothing happened and my 3DS froze, completely unresponsive. I have to turn it off to fix it. What could be causing this issue?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be working now after I turned the device back on.

Last edited by Damon_girl,
D

Deleted User

Just tried redownloading all the files and put them on my SD again, still nothing. This is what all my folders look like

mDYWB
mDYWB

mDYWB
sadly i cant see any pic :(

edit ahh now i see..

you dont have any boot.firm!
redownload luma and put it into the root of your sd!
there has to be a boot.firm file! (you HAVE to have a boot.firm file!)

and secret_sector.bin is missin in boot9strap Folder (not quite sure if this is necessary though)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Yamauzura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sadly i cant see any pic :(

edit ahh now i see..

you dont have any boot.firm!
redownload luma and put it into the root of your sd!
there has to be a boot.firm file!

and secret_sector.bin is missin in boot9strap Folder

Ah right, weird I didn't see any mention of those on the 3ds guide... where can I get those?
btw this is the guide I was using for it - https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) - I got to this bit "Launch safehax from the list of homebrew" on the second page and then I started getting the thing where it cant turn on.

D

Deleted User

you did not go through the whole guide.

if you follow the guide after that page (finalizing-setup) then you will reach the needed info :)
i guess the most important step is
"Copy boot.firm from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card"
but maybe you should follow the other posts too.

as the guide says: "Your device will boot into boot9strap, then shutdown automatically because it does not yet have a payload to launch"

Last edited by ,

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
Updated the OP to something a little better
SigHax/B9S Success Results

Boot9Strap
777 successful installs
8 bricked installs
1% chance of bricking

Derrek's SigHax Installer 0.1
12 successful installs
13 bricked installs
52% chance of bricking

Derrek's SigHax Installer 0.2
20 successful installs 17 bricked installs
46% chance of bricking

These results are as of Monday 22 May, 19:49 GMT

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
I ask here becouse im probably Blind and i don't find a possible guide regarding Boot9Strap. I currently have A9HL i need to update to Boot9Strap? I read and see in many video that apperently is an obbligatory update. Is true that is obbligatory to update or it was just a clickbaite shit?

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
I ask here becouse im probably Blind and i don't find a possible guide regarding Boot9Strap. I currently have A9HL i need to update to Boot9Strap? I read and see in many video that apperently is an obbligatory update. Is true that is obbligatory to update or it was just a clickbaite shit?
You don't need to update to B9S, however it is recommended.
Use this guide: https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
It only takes about 10 minutes.
In the future, remember to only follow that guide, and do not follow video guides.

Reactions: PedroKeitawa

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
You don't need to update to B9S, however it is recommended.
Use this guide: https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap
It only takes about 10 minutes.
In the future, remember to only follow that guide, and do not follow video guides.

I mention the video only becouse is my "source" that bring me to ask the question. I guess im gonna do it anyway since that guide is very nice.

tsi_turbo_tsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi and yes, as far as I know that's the one posted in the guide, It's asking for a configuration file but when I checked inside the sd card, there's no lumaupdater.cfg
You never replied as to how you fixed this issue. Everyone else has the lumaupdater.cfg on the root and you said you didn't. I am having the same issue. The file was never made. I reinstalled the Luma Updater twice and there is still no .cfg file. If you solved this issue please let me know. Or if any one reading this knows why we would not have this file at all to delete like everyone has stated will fix this issue.

sleepymanakete

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never replied as to how you fixed this issue. Everyone else has the lumaupdater.cfg on the root and you said you didn't. I am having the same issue. The file was never made. I reinstalled the Luma Updater twice and there is still no .cfg file. If you solved this issue please let me know. Or if any one reading this knows why we would not have this file at all to delete like everyone has stated will fix this issue.
make the cfg file in notepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ban, ban, ban