Borderlands GOTY only $5 Onlive

Vanth88

Private
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured I'd let everyone know that for today only Onlive is having a special deal, Borderlands GOTY for ONLY $5.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1wY-9Ruy_U[/youtube]

QUOTE said:
About Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition

Includes Borderlands with all Add-on Packs.

With its addictive action, frantic first-person shooter combat, massive arsenal of weaponry, RPG elements and four-player co-op, Borderlands is a breakthrough experience that challenges all the conventions of modern shooters. Borderlands places you in the role of a mercenary on the lawless and desolate planet of Pandora, hell-bent on finding a legendary stockpile of powerful alien technology known as The Vault.

Role Playing Shooter (RPS) - combines frantic first-person shooting action with accessible role-playing character progression.

Co-Op Frenzy - Fly solo in single player or drop in and out with up to 4 Player Co-Op online and offline for a maniacal multiplayer experience.

Bazillions of Guns - Gun lust fulfilled with rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more.

Radical Art Style - New visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to create a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person genre.

Intense Vehicular Combat - Get behind the wheel and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat.

If you haven't heard of Onlive then its like Steam but you stream the games through the internet instead of downloading them and it works surprisingly well. Spectator mode alone is worth creating an account and checking out the service. Click here to read up more on the service. Truthfully I was stunned when It only took about a second to load up Borderlands and I was already playing the game. Others like Bioshock and such take about 2-3 seconds but for some reason this game loaded up really fast. If you wanna test out Borderlands you can because you can play the full game for 30 mins so you can try before you buy.

Anyways! 5 dollars is really cheap for a great game like this so I actually bought it. Not sure if anyone else is interested but I figured "why not post it?"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got it yesterday. Nice deal.

EDIT: Posting things while still being sleepy isn't a good idea. I did re-read the thread at least two times and I'm pretty sure it said Steam on it
unsure.gif

Vanth88

Private
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tijntje_7 said:
It's also available on steam for 7.50
I actually bought it for onlive because my computer can't handle Borderlands(old computer). That's what really blew me away because I thought there's no way my computer could play this game and it did with no lag.

Still if your computer can handle Borderlands then by all means buy it for Steam, OnLive is just a different approach to the same game.

@raulpica would you ever like to play coop? onlive screen name is 'CrazySteve88'

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, with the onlive version, what are the video settings being used? I guess they can't stop you from upping the details/etc or is that locked out?

Also, you should be able to play with anyone if they are letting you use the online co-op through the gamespy matchmaking service, Or is it restricted to lan play aka others on that server?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already grabbed it on steam for a very good price (think about £4). Been curious about this service but do they have any games that aren't more than a year old and cheap to buy elsewhere?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to try two OnLive game demos (Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood). I was impressed with both enough to buy this. Works pretty well, I'm using a wireless connection and have pretty much very little lag (even then, you get used to it).

I'm just wondering if I can play this with other non-OnLive Borderlands owners. I'd like to actually play with my friends (I have a shitty PC and my friends have good ones).

Vanth88

Private
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moose3 said:
I'm curious, with the onlive version, what are the video settings being used? I guess they can't stop you from upping the details/etc or is that locked out?

Also, you should be able to play with anyone if they are letting you use the online co-op through the gamespy matchmaking service, Or is it restricted to lan play aka others on that server?

From what I've seen video settings are preset and changing them don't do anything. I think the quality has to do with your speed? but I could be wrong.

Online games connect to the Onlive servers. I think the reason for this is because of the onlive system itself(think: Xbox 360) but I honestly do not know.
*EDIT* Read up on it and while its technically possible to play with other users on other services its not something OnLive has put in yet. On the flip side OnLive does everything server sided(movement and even saves)so I'd wonder how OnLive would work with gamespy and such.

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Aug 26 2011, 03:05 PM) Already grabbed it on steam for a very good price (think about £4). Been curious about this service but do they have any games that aren't more than a year old and cheap to buy elsewhere?

Simply put, yeah you can. From what I've seen you can buy new games like Deus Ex and Deus Ex Augmented Edition, pre order Batman Arkham City(receive a free game or onlive game system) Saints Row: The Third(preorder game bonus), etc. etc. for the same price as Steam(50? 55?) and if you're a subscriber then its 30% less than that(I think its 30%? >.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My fiance purchased for me a copy of the game this morning but I wont be able to play till 10 maybe 11 ish. I'd be more than happy to do some multiplayer with anyone here. My gamertag is "LightyKD". Hell. I'm LightyKD everywhere *giggle
biggrin.gif
* Here's my OnLive game list, most of them I got through "Five Dollar Fridays"...

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
Darksiders
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
MX vs ATV: Reflex
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are the requirements for onlive? like, the cheapest hardware you can use to play boarderlands or any other good computer.

Edit: and shit! my computer doesnt have a good enough graphics card to even start the program

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seaking said:
what are the requirements for onlive? like, the cheapest hardware you can use to play boarderlands or any other good computer.

Edit: and shit! my computer doesnt have a good enough graphics card to even start the program

FYI, here's the system requirements from their website:

QUOTEMINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Internet Connection: 2 Mbps wired or Wi-Fi connection
Operating System: Windows 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) or XP SP3 (32-bit), Mac® OS X 10.5.8 or later
Computer: Most PCs and netbooks, all Intel-based Macs
Screen Resolution: 1024x576

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

Internet Connection: 5 Mbps wired or Wi-Fi connection
Operating System: Windows® 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit) or XP SP3 (32-bit), Mac® OS X 10.6 or later
Computer: Dual-core PCs, all Intel-based Macs
Screen Resolution: 1280x720

That's the best I can give ya. Runs fine for me and my computer is pretty mediocre.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus...

If it wasn't digital, I would guess that they were desperate to get rid of the inventory.

It's a nice deal, but it isn't enough to get me to sign up for the service. Still, I appreciate the effort they are making.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Seaking said:

QUOTEComputer: Most PCs and netbooks, all Intel-based Macs

this is what threw me for a loop, they don't really say what is needed to run the program.

they should update it to include you should have a pixle shader 2.0 compatible video card
frown.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seaking said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Seaking said:

QUOTEComputer: Most PCs and netbooks, all Intel-based Macs

this is what threw me for a loop, they don't really say what is needed to run the program.

they should update it to include you should have a pixle shader 2.0 compatible video card
frown.gif

Just use swiftshader to get past the pixel shader 2.0 issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3