Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So recently I've been playing for glory on Sm4sh 3DS and I think there are some bots, which is pretty weird because the mode was specifically made so that you would play with actual people. All of these bots act like a level 3 CPU, they have generic names like Xbox and Desmond, they taunt 90% of the time after you die, even if you suicide and they'll immediately leave after a single match, regardless of whether they win or lose.
Anyone else running into these bots? I've run into 5 of them so far and I'm pretty sure they're bots, not actual people.

PeacefulDreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe machine learning engineers are teaching their bots smash bros [emoji4] Other than that I have no idea nor encountered these bots before. The names are also quite ironic..

The machine learning theory could explain why they behave just like level 3 bots as that might be how they have trained them before they sent them online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by PeacefulDreams,
D

Deleted User

If these are indeed bots, I'd be interested in how exactly they're being implemented, whether they be machine learning AIs or just clones if Sm4sh's own CPU players.

I'm also interested in how they're using Smash 4's online API to even play against humans online in the first place.

PeacefulDreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the hacky way would be through a 3DS video streaming solution and an input plugin both running on a homebrew 3DS. Otherwise, Citra maybe? Does Citra have online support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by PeacefulDreams,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bud lights open minded about the gays