BOTW launch always leads to "software closed because an error occurred"

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I've been playing my BOTW since release but recently lost the cart. I reformatted the switch after I got banned so I can only get the NSP files for the base game, update and DLCs. The base game installs fine and can be launched with no issue. However, after installing the 1.6 update, the game can't be launch as it always pops up the error message " software closed because an error occurred".

I've already tried the following
- getting the files from another source. The basegame always works but as soon as I install the update file I get the same error.
- using different installer: tinfoil, awoo, tinwoo, goldleaf. All produce the same errors
- installing directly from SD and through USB
- remove all saves and mods
- installing the base game, update and DLCs together instead of one by one.
- using DBI to clean all orphaned files.

I'm really confused since when I was using the cart and the update and DLCs from the eshop, everything worked. Anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've been playing my BOTW since release but recently lost the cart. I reformatted the switch after I got banned so I can only get the NSP files for the base game, update and DLCs. The base game installs fine and can be launched with no issue. However, after installing the 1.6 update, the game can't be launch as it always pops up the error message " software closed because an error occurred".

- getting the files from another source. The basegame always works but as soon as I install the update file I get the same error.
- using different installer: tinfoil, awoo, tinwoo, goldleaf. All produce the same errors

I'm really confused since when I was using the cart and the update and DLCs from the eshop, everything worked. Anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks!
Tired getting the game from tinfoil shops ?

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

could be a fake sd

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or maintenance mode helps.
Guess it comes down to this then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How? Here's a quick rundown:

While loading fusee.bin hold both volume buttons and keep holding them until you reach the mode, if you inject fusee directly, hold the buttons from RCM onwards, if you chainload fusee from hekate hold the buttons before and after tapping the boot entry for Atmosphere.
Inside the mode take a look at the first option, it should state your FW and CFW version and if you booted the mode for sysNAND or emuNAND, which is important in case you use an emuNAND, both NANDs don't affect each other.
Nevertheless you do NOTHING and just reboot by holding POWER until the Switch turns off and then turning it on like you normally do.

simsimsim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess it comes down to this then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How? Here's a quick rundown:

While loading fusee.bin hold both volume buttons and keep holding them until you reach the mode, if you inject fusee directly, hold the buttons from RCM onwards, if you chainload fusee from hekate hold the buttons before and after tapping the boot entry for Atmosphere.
Inside the mode take a look at the first option, it should state your FW and CFW version and if you booted the mode for sysNAND or emuNAND, which is important in case you use an emuNAND, both NANDs don't affect each other.
Nevertheless you do NOTHING and just reboot by holding POWER until the Switch turns off and then turning it on like you normally do.
thank you!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912-161725_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-161725_Firefox.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1