ROM Hack BotW Save Converter (Switch <-> Wii U)

LeifEricson

Coming Soon™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A repository appeared on GitHub which apparently converts saves from the Wii U Save file format into the Switch's File format so that you can transfer your save from the Wii U version to the Switch's and viceversa.

Here's the link of the repo:
https://github.com/WemI0/BOTW_SaveConv

And for additional info, here's the Save Dump and Inject programs by Rei:

Save dump
https://gist.github.com/Reisyukaku/aaa8d0ab0974122b5c37d359c3cb1015

Save inject
https://gist.github.com/Reisyukaku/dba796a54d2c92e2c356153a418ca034

Just sucessfully converted my friend's save who had been stuck on the Wii U verison. He now thinks I'm a god. I used Checkpoint on 5.0.2 and had no problems restoring the converted save.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

CelestiaLudenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there something like this, but for Bayonetta, available at this time??Bayonetta on switch is a of from the WiiU versión and doesn't have anything new, so I wonder if i could convert my Bayonetta savefile, edit it with the wiiU save editor, and then convert it again to the switch format and inject it…

Last edited by CelestiaLudenberg,
Reactions: Nollog

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to add that I used this over the weekend to convert my wife's wii u BOTW save to a switch save & then loaded it on her switch via checkpoint. It worked great!

funayman

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can confirm this works ^^ thanks a lot!
My versions of the game were different between the Switch and WiiU and it still worked great. WiiU v1.2 USA -> Switch v1.3.1 JPN
On github theres a fork of source code that OP mentioned and someone built a UI which really helped out.
Cant post links, but if you check out JordanZeotni and their repo BotW-Save-Manager, I'm sure youll find it

Reactions: yesimnathan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can confirm this works ^^ thanks a lot!
My versions of the game were different between the Switch and WiiU and it still worked great. WiiU v1.2 USA -> Switch v1.3.1 JPN
On github theres a fork of source code that OP mentioned and someone built a UI which really helped out.
Cant post links, but if you check out JordanZeotni and their repo BotW-Save-Manager, I'm sure youll find it
Just added it to the OP.

Nintenking

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty noob to manage save files, is there any tutorial I could follow to fully understand what to do with this files? Although I'm in the latest firmware on Switch so I don't think I'll be able to actually do anything right now, but it still would be nice to know for future reference
Edit: managed to do it on my own worked perfectly fine

Last edited by Nintenking,

tuntun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
hm... checkpoint never is able to see my converted save file, its placed in the correct folder and on inspecton back on the computer, the files get deleted...
(4.1 sx)

Last edited by tuntun,

HumbertHumbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty noob to manage save files, is there any tutorial I could follow to fully understand what to do with this files? Although I'm in the latest firmware on Switch so I don't think I'll be able to actually do anything right now, but it still would be nice to know for future reference
Edit: managed to do it on my own worked perfectly fine

I'm in the same spot. I have been on the sidelines and am not familiar with what to do with the files - i.e., a complete noob to this stuff on the Switch/Wii U. Can you explain in simple steps what you did? Can someone else help? My wife and I have spent 250 hours in the Wii U version, and we just can't bring ourselves to start again on Switch...

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have a beginning of the game maxed out save for the switch I can use? correct me if I am wrong but you can use anyone's save on your switch can't you?

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible now on all fws with the SX OS? I would like to convert my wii u save to switch but on latest FW. Also - is there a tutorial?

Thanks

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Never mind, i used SaveMii and i have a folder of 5 saves now :-) gotta try and put them on switch now.

Padawancillo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't understand anything on how to inject the save. I used the save converter to convert my CEMU save to the Switch version, but now I have a *****load of questions:

- Where do I place the new save folder, in the root of the SD card? I am using SX OS.
- I have downloaded the save inject from github, the one in the OP, and read the instructions but, for the life of me, I don't know how to use it on the Switch.
- If I understood the injector instructions:

* 1. Boot game
* 2. Wait a second or so (for the game tid to register but before the code mounts the savedata)
* 3. Home button
* 4. Run this script
* 5. ???
* 6. PROFIT

How the hell am I supposed to do step 4, "run this script", on the Switch???????? What other software/homebrew do I need? Where should I place that file and the new save file I want to inject?

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the switch save manager program to do mine, loaded zelda made a save, backed them up, put sd on computer and deleted the backup ones with the ones i converted, loads zelda back up and restored. easy.

Reactions: Padawancillo

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly which folders and files do you swap out? My WiiU converted folder's named 00050000101c9500 while my Switch exported folder is named something completely different. Do I just swap out the contents in these folders, the numbered folders? Or just the content of one or more of those?

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Its whats inside the folder that matters, i had 5 save slots so i had folders 0,1,2,3,4,5 then i had the saves in each along with a screenshot that displays on the save, you need to move those folders into the switch folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2018-7-9_17-57-41.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4