Homebrew Request: SVI file for BotW

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to import my horses from BotW into TotK. Unfortunately I played BotW on Wii U rather than Switch. I can edit the horses I want into a save file with Marc Robledo's editor, but need some help getting the game to see it.

JKSV has the ability to create saves for games that aren't installed, with a file one can generate from an installed copy of the title. I have tried editing one of the few SVI files that have been published (JK's Let's Go Eevee), but I don't really understand the syntax / know what the 'NCAP' is - presumably it's the final readable part of the file. I would prefer not to install a multi-GB game if it's not actually necessary.

Please could someone with BotW on their Switch create me this file? Maybe we could even start an archive of such files? Not many games use other games' save files, so this is probably mostly going to be useful for Pokémon and TotK.

Open JKSV. Select BotW and press X. Export SVI file to sd/JKSV/svi (should be called 01007EF00011E000.svi). Copy to computer with e.g. DBI.

PS:
Excerpt from LGE's SVI, from the title ID to the end of what I assume is the NCAP:
Code:
ADW3A`£p@£`£p`£p`£p`£p`£p`£p`£pcc901856f9dfb70ca32ebe533633c21a2d491e386cb59e8a656559cffe297372

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for providing this.

For anyone else wanting to do this, there are a couple of points to note:

i) You need the BotW file present when starting your TotK save file (i.e. Zelda and Link explore under the castle), not just when you first visit a stable.

ii) You need a full BotW save folder, not just the edited game_data.sav:
1696762043900.png

Hopefully with these points noted and hippy dave's SVI file, other people will be able to transfer horses without installing BotW, as I ended up doing while figuring out which part wasn't working for me.

Last edited by emcintosh,
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?