GCN Bought a GameCube... Something not right

Felipe_9595

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I bought this orange DOL-001 in Japan last month, w/ controller, AV cable, and PSU included, for 1100 yen. (i.e. 11 bucks). Works great, looks great. And I'll be damned if I'm cutting it up. (I am installing a Xeno GC though).

PqfRXYv.jpg

vufPVBO.jpg

I also bought an AV Famicom and a Super Famicom Jr., both like-new in the box. Those cost me a little more than 11 dollars, unfortunately.

I want that controller :c

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you didn't take me seriously.
I was just playing around, seeing as you sort of stole the spotlight with your AV Famicom and GC.
I solved my issue anyway, so carry on~

Ok then, here take a look at the Super Famicom Jr. :lol:

N3qSTNz.jpg

The SFC Jr, while still in wonderful condition as far as I was concerned, was marked with a sticker which states "Hako Itami" ... i.e. "the box is messed up." And it certainly was ... look at that horrible brown circular stain over the R in Super, and that tear on the opposite side. Oh shit, it's ruined LOL.

yMHEM7T.jpg

mLErmf1.jpg

Fortunately, the sticker that said the box is messed up came off without messing the box up anymore than it already was.

But the SFC Jr., though it cost me a little more than the AV Famicom because even in Japan it's rather rare, was slightly less "new" and less impressively packaged than the AV Famicom. Slightly.

It did still have the plastic bag for the console.

4DIBXeB.jpg

But the manual and the controller plastic bags were missing. Dang. The manual, as with the AV Fami, has the same serial number on it as the console.

But one REALLY good thing .. the controller in the box was an actual SFC Jr. controller, which is slightly revised from the original SFC controllers. Watch some SFC Jr. 'unboxing' videos on Youtube and you'll see most people got the wrong controller, even though they don't realize it.

Also curious is that this controller is made in China. Maybe the first move by Nintendo toward making all their hardware in China?
4769zwu.jpg

This made me curious about the console itself, but no worries ...

OT7GpdZ.jpg

And the console was in fine condition, too.
kzpsHiu.jpg

I also grabbed a couple original SFC controllers. Both in impeccable condition. And, these are made in Japan.
lFCkLU4.jpg

I'm going back in two years. Think I might do a Sega thing next time.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't read what you wrote because of the black text. I'm using DARKTEMP so I'm on a black background.

Use the format reset key when you edit your post.

Hopefully fixed for ya. Sorry, I was copy/pasting from a post I made about all this on another board. Too much work to redo it all.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, no way. It's an orange Gamecube!

As for 'lucky' ... you should see the AV Famicom I got. Well, here ... take a look.

DhMo31h.jpg

jaNPvTt.jpg

chpMi70.jpg

This manual is stamped on the back with the same serial number as the console.

sljS02X.jpg

90TeGkS.jpg

Nice, right?

yep and i have one these also :)

Reactions: signz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbGz8k5BY5c