ROM Hack Bravely Default Save Editor

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

sry I have to do so much at the last time.

Here is my work compiled and the .cs
I found also the range of agnes level and lvl specific attributes.
But havent located it exactly.

The version i tested was pal.
Borrowed from a friend. My version will come in a week (bought it finally).

Not sure if you had already all the offsets and values. In my version the last job is missing to be mastered.

Have/Can you find the offset for the asterisk? so we can maybe activate them. that would be cool but have no idea what will happen. Because the asterisk are keyitems.

Attachments

• Form1.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Bravely-Default-SGE-bin.zip
    517.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by sweatbox,

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,

sry I have to do so much at the last time.

Here is my work compiled and the .cs
I found also the range of agnes level and lvl specific attributes.
But havent located it exactly.

The version i tested was pal.
Borrowed from a friend. My version will come in a week (bought it finally).

Not sure if you had already all the offsets and values. In my version the last job is missing to be mastered.

Have/Can you find the offset for the asterisk? so we can maybe activate them. that would be cool but have no idea what will happen. Because the asterisk are keyitems.
Having the asterisk key items in the inventory doesn't activate the jobs, I've tried it.
The actual offsets to activate the jobs are probably located elsewhere, I'm not sure.

And for the job offsets, I think you got them all right except Edea's offsets seems to start from 0xD0C8 instead of 0xD0C9.
I believe Agnes, Edea and Ringabel has only 53 bytes for their jobs, I set them as same as Tiz's job bytes (CC CF) and tried it in-game and I have all the jobs mastered, but I still do not have Dark Knight & Conjurer jobs unlocked so I have no idea if those have their jobs mastered.

I saw your foolingaround(), were you trying to represent the money in integer form?

I'm already max leveled in the game BUT I would love one for the encyclopedia or attentively let me go in my winter break and I'm planning to fill it, so maybe I can share you my 100% save file so you can check that to add it in the editor

That'd be great, was looking for one of the 100% (or at least anything capable of saying complete) save files for a while now.
Do PM me or something if you could help out with a save file, thanks!

sweatbox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah i tried to make the Money-Value variable and to show 'current' Money.
I wanted to show also current lvl but i havent found the offsets for it.

in my program i have a textfield (in debug view but for that release deactivated). but it dont get the expected values.

that the asterisk doesnt activate the jobs is an interesting info. Can you tell me the Offset? Maybe there around is the right value.

Last edited by sweatbox,

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah i tried to make the Money-Value variable and to show 'current' Money.
I wanted to show also current lvl but i havent found the offsets for it.

in my program i have a textfield (in debug view but for that release deactivated). but it dont get the expected values.

that the asterisk doesnt activate the jobs is an interesting info. Can you tell me the Offset? Maybe there around is the right value.

Well I don't really know the actual offsets for the asterisk items but I did sort of copy pasted @Doredialilligan inventory to a new clean save and my inventory contained a few jobs asterisk, but the actual job did not get unlocked.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I reimport the save file that I edited? I tried using the save0data backup under data save mangemnt but it said there were no save file to restore? When I load the game it said the save is corrupted and if I want to delete and let it recreate a new one.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How do I reimport the save file that I edited? I tried using the save0data backup under data save mangemnt but it said there were no save file to restore? When I load the game it said the save is corrupted and if I want to delete and let it recreate a new one.
Are you talking about the data save management in Settings? If so then you're not going the right way, you should be using svdt (recommended) or save data manager to export the save file, then edit it on a computer and then re-import it to your 3ds.

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you talking about the data save management in Settings? If so then you're not going the right way, you should be using svdt (recommended) or save data manager to export the save file, then edit it on a computer and then re-import it to your 3ds.

Do I need to install the Browesrhax for Homebrew launcher to use either svdt or save data manager?

badger_vm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I was wondering if you could make an item editor (not the max items option), since some outfits are limited to japan, I would like to have them in my eur save, I have read that they are still in the game but you can´t get them.

Thanks for your work and good luck improving it.

PD: I also have a 100% EUR sav, if you need it for anything just ask.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, I was wondering if you could make an item editor (not the max items option), since some outfits are limited to japan, I would like to have them in my eur save, I have read that they are still in the game but you can´t get them.

Thanks for your work and good luck improving it.

PD: I also have a 100% EUR sav, if you need it for anything just ask.
I don't really know how item offsets work yet, so an item editor seems really difficult at the moment. :C

Have you tried my save editor on your EUR save? Does it work?

And yes a 100% save file would be helpful.

badger_vm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really know how item offsets work yet, so an item editor seems really difficult at the moment. :C

Have you tried my save editor on your EUR save? Does it work?

And yes a 100% save file would be helpful.
I have tried it and SaveDataFiller gives me an error when i try to import it, so i gess it doesnt work, the SAV0 is the 100% one, I maxed the money in the second save

Attachments

• EUR sav.rar
    36 KB · Views: 227

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When
Do I need to install the Browesrhax for Homebrew launcher to use either svdt or save data manager?

When I used Save Data Manager and used the Dpad to scroll through titles it does not see my installed titles such as Bravely Default and Mario Kart. When I used sdvt and go into the sav00001.save file for Bravely Default and press X to copy the file to SD it gave me an error that it cannot write the file. I am launching both programs from the Homebrew Launcher menu.

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Updated the editor again, everything should work fine now, although the 'Max Items' isn't really what I intended it to be since it will only give you items up to end-game, and they're mostly not x99.

DOWNLOAD HERE or check the first post

And also for EUR save files, it seems to be the same save structures with US ones, they're not any different (at least to me).
I even tried values from EUR save file on my US one and it works.

Note: Is there anyone interested in trying to edit items? Cause I'm kinda confused with the offsets.
Start offsets: 0x0B6F3 End offsets: They keep accumulating up to however much items are in your inventory

Here's an example for Potion
88 53 00 - Potion x1
88 93 60 - Potion x2
88 D3 60 - Potion x3
88 13 61 - Potion x4
88 53 61 - Potion x5
88 93 61 - Potion x6
88 D3 61 - Potion x7
88 13 62 - Potion x8
88 93 0C - Potion x50
88 D3 18 - Potion x99

The middle byte increments by 40 and once they reach D3 the third byte adds by one, but when i made it to x99 the bytes are 88 D3 18 for whatever reasons, even on x50 the bytes are 88 93 0C and also the exclusion for when potion is x1, it's 88 53 00..

Hi, I think this information might be useful for you if you haven't already obtained them.

Tiz Job Offsets - 0xC031 ~ 0xC063
Tiz Second Skill - 0xC064 ~ 0xC065
Tiz Abilities - 0xC066 ~ 0xC06C

Agnes Job Offsets - 0xC5B9 ~ 0xC5EB
Agnes Second Skill - 0xC5EC ~ 0xC5ED
Agnes Abilities - 0xC5EE ~ 0xC5F3

Ringabel Job Offsets - 0xCB41 ~ 0xCB73
Ringabel Second Skill - 0xCB74 ~ 0xCB75
Ringabel Abilities - 0xCB76 ~ 0xCB7B

Edea Job Offsets - 0xD0C9 ~ 0xD0FB
Edea Second Skill - 0xD0FC ~ 0xD0FD
Edea Abilities - 0xD0FE ~ 0xD103​

Last edited by ukee,

ukee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi it works for me, using PAL bravely default, Only Tiz didn't master anything, the rest all mastered.
Hi thanks for letting me know. Could you try this

v0.6
Added 'Max Levels' for each characters.
Also, you can hover over the 'X's to see what each buttons actually do.

Download HERE

Last edited by ukee,
Reactions: BhenBen_85

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used your editor and everything worked fine on my USA save, set all the Jobs i have so far to mastered for all, but when i go into the abilities tab of any the characters the game freezes:mellow:

RyuuPix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ukee No I think I used v0.3 when you first released it, but good thing i made a save back up, i'll try again with v0.6. hopefully it wont freeze anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol