Gaming Breath of the Wild - Strange graphics glitches on Farosh + freezing/locking up

Lazlo_Woodbine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I'm playing BOTW for the first time, yes, I'm a little late.. The game's been running fine for several hours until I got to the Bridge of Hylia. On the approach I could see Farosh flying about and got a photo which is how I know what it was. But when I get near the bridge the graphics flip out and it seems to be whenever he's on screen. I searched online and couldn't find any images or stories of similar anomalies so thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows the cause. It's as if the system's running out of resources to render the image but that sort of thing's all a little beyond me to be honest.

See below for some quality phone photos.

IMG_2021-05-23_11-25-41.jpegIMG_2021-05-23_11-25-40.jpegIMG_2021-05-23_11-25-38.jpeg
IMG_2021-05-23_14-14-52.jpegIMG_2021-05-23_14-14-47.jpegIMG_2021-05-23_14-14-50.jpeg

It doesn't stop the game running, you just can't see much. Anyway, I got past the bridge and up the Lake Tower okay where the graphics work fine. But trying to get to the stables off to the east makes the game freeze every time. Sometimes on the paraglider, sometimes on the ground but I've tried getting there a dozen times via different routes and can't.

PAL Wii U running CBHC. Was on 5.5.5 when I put the CFW on last week.
PAL BOTW Ver. 1.5.0 with DLC Ver. 3.0. From USBhelper
WD Elements 1TB USB HDD which I used for several years on a Wii with no problems. Using Y cable and I tried swapping the plugs on the Wii U in case it prefers one to the other but it made no odds.

Not had a problem with any other games.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Lazlo_Woodbine,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica