Hacking Bricked Wii U...

oofio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
due to my own stupidity, I had CBHC installed and deleted the ds vc game without removing the coldboot.
I still have a nand backup, but I don't have the right tools for a hardmod
Is there a way to restore the nand without a hardmod?

Reactions: THYPLEX

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depending on your soldering skills, and how attached you are to your bricked console, another very valid option is just to buy a used Wii U console from ebay or somewhere else. All those people who broke their gamepad controllers are left with a useless console and selling them at cheap prices (console only, no controller). I would check it out if I were you, OP.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was a CBHC user for a very long time but after seeing some bricks related to it i changed to normal Hachi and Nintendo's fast start menu . Pretty much the same end result but safer

Reactions: THYPLEX

geek_76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a CBHC user for a very long time but after seeing some bricks related to it i changed to normal Hachi and Nintendo's fast start menu . Pretty much the same end result but safer

I am curious about what you call “fast start menu”. Can you provide the details of what it does and how to enable it? Thanks in advance.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am curious about what you call “fast start menu”. Can you provide the details of what it does and how to enable it? Thanks in advance.
Im pretty sure it has another name , but you can find it under the red/brown colored option in wii u settings ( i think is standby mode but im not sure )

It just shows your most used wii u programs when you turn on the wii u so you can start hachi without loading the OS at startup
I would recomend to edit haxchi's xml to autoboot fakesigned sysmenu.
Thats it , it tooks a little more than CBHC but not nor that much and your wii u is totally safe as you never modified your wii u's startup

Last edited by Wishi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im guessing he had very outdated cbhc or was using mocha cfw, the latest cbhc and its built in fw prevents deleting the ds vc title or even overwrite it so im guessin he was using a secondary cfw or just had the early versions of cbhc.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing he had very outdated cbhc or was using mocha cfw, the latest cbhc and its built in fw prevents deleting the ds vc title or even overwrite it so im guessin he was using a secondary cfw or just had the early versions of cbhc.
I'm. Pretty new to Wii U... A few months.. So I guess you are right

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Quick menu, you know the one the Wii U had for a while? just boot it up from the gamepad, select Haxchi from it and press B and there you go, the safest Coldboot haxchi, that's what i use just to be safe in case some nephew or niece wants to use my console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol