Hacking Bricked Wii with BootMii as boot2 - RestoreMii freezes everytime

Alternity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a similar problem I think and I've searched everywhere (google) without finding an actual answer...

My wii had random problems in the past but I've always been able to fix either from an earlier restore, or a fresh NAND with my keys.bin. Now my wii won't boot to the system menu, and if I try to restore, or to read the NAND, BootMii freezes in the process. I've tried booting bootmini.elf from the HackMii installer to re-install both BootMii and the HBC, and it freezes when I boot the file from BootMii, and the disc drive blue LED flashes at a regular pulse, let's say one flash a second, indefenetly. It doesn't look like I can access the HBC, though now I'm letting the wii trying to load it (It's a black screen, last time it happened it would load after more or less 5 mins), and if it doesn't load I think I'm screwed up.

Anyone has any ideas?

EDIT: After waiting more than 10mins, HBC won't boot up. Upon more research I've found that cboot2 might help, so I tried it, and it won't boot, black screen. Am I fucked up?

Can anyone upload working cboot2 files to be sure that the ones I got are good or not? It would be very apreciated.

EDIT2: Ok this is weird. I decided to do one last recovery try with BootMii before calling it a day, and it did write it ''successfully'', however, my wii is still getting a black screen, strangely enough though, before the restore, if I booted the wii without the SD card inserted, it would do a black screen, and the disc drive LED would flash (about one flash a second, indefenetly), and now, it won't flash at all. I'm going to assume that when I copied the NAND to the SD card something happened with the file and I'm going to try that again with a fresh new NAND made with.. onesch..whatever the name is... I guess I'll keep updating the post after, I've never seen that kind of problems before, this is a first generation wii (day one), and it's been hacked for years.

EDIT3: Now I'm lost, fresh new NAND, writes successfully, but black screen, same result as last attempt.

So to sum it up: Wii was freezing for about 6-7 attempts to either boot elf file from BootMii, was also freezing when attempting to either read or write the NAND. It randomly stops freezing upon reading or writing the NAND, but still freezes when trying to boot elf file. What could cause those random things? :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvdJmSqCmdk