MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

I'm extremely frustrated right now and I'm honestly just hoping someone here can help me.
So I've pre-ordered a Zelda ToTK Special Edition Switch last year and installed a Hwfly basically immediately opening the package.
It worked fine until, idk. winter 2023 I'd say when I started experiencing some issues with it. When I was trying to turn it on, the LED on the modchip would turn red after about 30 seconds of trying to boot (purple LED) and the screen would just stay black. After a number of tries, it would start working again.
I figured that had something to do with the DAT0 adapter so last weekend I figured I would desolder my eMMC, solder a wire to the DAT0 point and then solder a new and reballed Samsung eMMC back on and restore the original eMMC backup with Hekate. The entire procedure felt like it was going super smoothly. The reballed eMMC looked great under my microscope and I was able to solder it back on apparently pretty easily but long story short, everything went to shit. Like I said, everything looked absolutely fine but with the new eMMC and the permanent DAT0 wire the chip was unable to complete its training sequence. Like, I literally let it run for two hours and it would still have the yellow "breathing" LED.

Afterwards, I fiddled around with the console some more, reflowed all my joints and even tried to use a different eMMC chip but nothing changed. Finally today, after I was going over everything again, one of the ZIF connectors for the Joycon rails broke and for some reason the console is now completely dead. Like, not even the LED on the modchip is flashing anymore.

I think my next step is pretty clear. I'll get another OLED from Amazon and just do a shell swap so that my special edition shell at least isn't ruined.
However, is there a way to basically re-use my emuMMC from the old console so I don't have to reinstall all my games and everything? I figured with something like emuhaccgen or whatever it might be possible as long as I have all the prod.key files and a working backup from the Zelda OLED. Can you help me out?

Please be nice, I'm having a horrible day...^^

Last edited by MichiS97,

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright so I've finally managed to mod my shiny new OLED Switch.
Can you give me some pointers to how this should actually work? I have dumped and decrypted the USER Partition from my old emuMMC and tried to restore it to the new emuMMC (using my new keyfile) but it seems that this is not the correct way to handle this.
Any pointers @jkyoho ? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol