Hacking Browserhax re-enable on 11.6 w/ LumaCFW?

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to either downgrade my browser version or somehow re-enable Browserhax on 11.6 if I have b9s and Luma? I'd like to use cheats in games, but I don't have nor plan to purchase a Gateway card.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest version of Luma has cheat support built in, so there is no reason for using Browser hacks. Could also use a custom Luma CFW with ntr cheats/plugin support built in, along with a plugin that allows for universal cheats via an 'actionreplay' plugin.
https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES

I recommend keeping your original Luma boot.firm because some games won't work with the other file, and sometimes homebrew will crash because of the cheat plugin still enabled.

Edit: I recommend using Fastboot3DS if you haven't. Makes switching CFWs easier, especially for using official and custom luma CFWs

Last edited by Dimensional,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest version of Luma has cheat support built in, so there is no reason for using Browser hacks. Could also use a custom Luma CFW with ntr cheats/plugin support built in, along with a plugin that allows for universal cheats via an 'actionreplay' plugin.
https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES

I recommend keeping your original Luma boot.firm because some games won't work with the other file, and sometimes homebrew will crash because of the cheat plugin still enabled.

Edit: I recommend using Fastboot3DS if you haven't. Makes switching CFWs easier, especially for using official and custom luma CFWs
This is news to me. How does one use the Luma cheat function?
Also I'll look into fastboot3ds, but I've only got a 4GB SD card in my n3ds, so I'm kinda strapped for space (one emuNand alone eats 1/3 of my SD card)

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This is news to me. How does one use the Luma cheat function?
Also I'll look into fastboot3ds, but I've only got a 4GB SD card in my n3ds, so I'm kinda strapped for space (one emuNand alone eats 1/3 of my SD card)
There is no reason why to have EmuNAND nowadays.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have it for security. If I fuck up, I want it to not brick my console. If emuNAND borks, I can just mirror sysNAND and be done.
If you're using sysNAND only you can ctrtransfer, or restore a backup. No advantage to emuNAND - even if you consider that your sysNAND is like an inbuilt backup file, the emuNAND takes up more space than just having the backup file. And you don't get the option of storing it on your PC instead of SD card.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using sysNAND only you can ctrtransfer, or restore a backup. No advantage to emuNAND - even if you consider that your sysNAND is like an inbuilt backup file, the emuNAND takes up more space than just having the backup file. And you don't get the option of storing it on your PC instead of SD card.

The only reason, other than Gatwait, I can think of to use emunand is to get around the 300 title limit for those who insist on having individual VC injects or forwarders for all their nes/gb/gbc/snes games. Personally the only reason I still have an emunand is laziness since it would take forever to checksum, back up, verify, reformat, and restore somewhere around 90GB of data even over USB3 and I couldn't even tell you what system version it is.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but I don't have to have a PC to restore my 3DS. A laptop only lasts so long, and I don't take it everywhere my 3DS goes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Download the latest release of Luma. Look inside Rosalina, as the cheat function was only recently added. https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Standard-features https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Cheats-(Upcoming-Feature)
That's my issue, I don't have Rosalina. I updated Luma like last week.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, but I don't have to have a PC to restore my 3DS. A laptop only lasts so long, and I don't take it everywhere my 3DS goes.

That's my issue, I don't have Rosalina. I updated Luma like last week.
If you updated to 9.0, then you have Rosalina, you just don't read instructions or the links carefully enough. The first link had information on how to access Rosalina.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2