Hardware Build for Guild Wars 2?

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, Me again.. Once again I require the assistance of people that know more about computer parts themselves, Strangely this wasn't covered in my IT College..

Will this nice and cheap build be able to run Guild Wars 2, Old Republic and perhaps Skyrim at playable FPS? (So 30+)

Asrock H61M-DGS Socket 1155 VGA DVI 5.1 Channel Audio m-ATX Motherboard
Intel Celeron G530 2.40GHz Socket 1155 2MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V
Powercool 450W PSU - 4x SATA 1x PCI-E
AVP Defender 200 K1 Black Midi Gaming Case Black Interior 3 x 12cm Fans No PSU
Gigabyte HD 6670 2GB GDDR3 1600MHz HDMI DVI D-sub PCI-E Graphics Card

I'll be buying these parts in parts (lol) as I get the money to get them and probably also building it as they come..

And before you say "There isn't any HDD" I already have one but hopefully by the time this is complete and there is no bills to pay I can efford to get a new one.

Oh and is there anything I'm missing? Wires, Thermal Paste etc?

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replace that pooey Celeron with an APU, you won't need a graphics card then, but if you opt to keep the card, you can Hybrid Crossfire the 6670 with the APU to get much better performance. Don't forget the OS either.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too with the lower end APUs, but my A8-3870k played every game on the market at 720p. I have to work soon, so do a bunch of research before you buy, get opinions, etc. I say stay far, far away from Celeron stuff. Intel is great when it comes to high end stuff, but I say go AMD for lower end.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I agree with Lanlan. For budget gaming systems, skip the graphics card and get a good AMD APU.
Also, I would save money by getting a 4GB RAM kit and use the money saved in getting a better motherboard and possibly a third party CPU cooler.

Btw, doesn't have a DVD drive :P

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yea I'd kinda mirror what the guys here are saying that said I get away with skyrim and guild wars 2 on my MB-85 LE and that's no powerhouse

Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR2 800MHz, Dedicated Nvidia 8600m GS 512MB, 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black

I would use my desktop or build a new one but due to my current living situation I don't have room for a desktop and the laptop above was given to me for free (faulty when I got it but I repaired it)

So you shouldn't need to sweat it too much just don't scrape the bottom of the barrell

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What's your budget?

As others have said an APU is the way to go with budget builds. I would also suggest a MicroATX mobo and 1866Mhz RAM (4GB would be fine, I think).

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, a drive isn't exactly needed these days.. With Steam and the like, But when it is needed I can always just plug any old one in.

Shadowlurker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or should I go for a AMD A10 5800K Black Edition 3.8GHz with a Gigabyte GA-F2A85XM-D3H A85X Socket FM2 VGA DVI Motherboard and then use that for a while and then just wait to get the 6670 later when I'm able to and Dual Gfx them?

As I've heard the AMD A10 is able to perform pretty much like a 6670 on it's own then it will get a power boost with the 6670 when I am able to get that as well.

Edit. CRAP didn't see that no-one had posted, FORGIVE ME MODS!! I'm sorry for double posting!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get real long, you want to, but I always end up with a bloody finger or hangnails.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They send you the wrong STD medicine again?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only person I've been with was your wife so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    She carrier #1, so she immune
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Already positive for all the others?
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoaxWwKcrpY&pp=ygUNaGFuZ25haWwgc29uZw%3D%3D