Homebrew ROM Hack Build Riivolution patches as standalone WBFS file?

NyxNullify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a tool or method to apply Riivolution patches to dumped games and then build them as standalone WBFS files?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Depending on what you want or need theres numerous tools you need tbh I have been doing it a little while now mostly with SM Starshine, SM3D Galaxy, SMG Cosmos collapse Which i Patched them all to a .wbfs It's time consuming tbh

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Depending on what you want or need theres numerous tools you need tbh I have been doing it a little while now mostly with SM Starshine, SM3D Galaxy, SMG Cosmos collapse Which i Patched them all to a .wbfs It's time consuming tbh
Do u take requests? Lol

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Do u take requests? Lol
Like What you got done a few and have also done Pokemon Colosseum mod called pokemon grand colosseum Inbox me and will take a look I have a few done also SMG & SMG 2 Controller Mod I've done If your interested inbox me

Reactions: XRazeYT

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
SSBB Infinite? :)
So far not possible I've looked into it you need to extract and place all files and repack the game becomes way over sized and even dolphin Gives up However there use to be a revolution version of project M Which may of been possible

Anyway heres the tools i use

RiivolutionIsoBuilder
WII ISO Renamer V3
WiiBaFu-1.1-Win32

Use WiiBaFu to extract the game copy over textures audio files etc... repack to iso with WiiBaFu then Use Wii Iso Renamer to rename the game and Game ID example SB4E01 is SMG2 rename it something not in use I opted with SB4E12 etc.. I need to redo because i didn't really check gametdb.

then once it's packed as a Iso Use Riivolution Iso Builder choose the iso you made and then choose the mods xml then choose name and save location. Once done test in dolphin.

Last edited by danny19901,

NyxNullify

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you happen to have Wii Sports Resort Storm Island?

Reactions: XFlak

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, take your time! The kids are always first :D
it's folder layout is extremely weird But should have it patched soon Either later today or tomorrow hopefully Will keep you's updated certain things may not work probably no work around I was allowed 1 option for certain things like texture randomizer

is this normal for texture randomizer?
I may need to speak with a dev and see if folders etc... can be improved and maybe a way to have all features

1678790754024.png

Last edited by danny19901,

fjef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's folder layout is extremely weird But should have it patched soon Either later today or tomorrow hopefully Will keep you's updated certain things may not work probably no work around I was allowed 1 option for certain things like texture randomizer

is this normal for texture randomizer?
I may need to speak with a dev and see if folders etc... can be improved and maybe a way to have all features

View attachment 358940
Hi, did you ever get this to work? If so, a link would be awesome!

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So far not possible I've looked into it you need to extract and place all files and repack the game becomes way over sized and even dolphin Gives up However there use to be a revolution version of project M Which may of been possible

RiivolutionIsoBuilder
WII ISO Renamer V3
WiiBaFu-1.1-Win32

Use WiiBaFu to extract the game copy over textures audio files etc... repack to iso with WiiBaFu then Use Wii Iso Renamer to rename the game and Game ID example SB4E01 is SMG2 rename it something not in use I opted with SB4E12 etc.. I need to redo because i didn't really check gametdb.

then once it's packed as a Iso Use Riivolution Iso Builder choose the iso you made and then choose the mods xml then choose name and save location. Once done test in dolphin.
Once I do something different and it works for me, first I use RiivolutionIsoBuilder, then I use WIT and Wii ISO Renamer, and that's fine, I did that for the Super Mario 3D Galaxy mod, I even edited the internal opening.bnr and it stays there, and it is fully functional on the USB Loader GX, which is where the probe is from, I have the files updated to version 11-beta1.
Thanks anyway, your advice helped me.

Last edited by Zorg07,

mydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Once I do something different and it works for me, first I use RiivolutionIsoBuilder, then I use WIT and Wii ISO Renamer, and that's fine, I did that for the Super Mario 3D Galaxy mod, I even edited the internal opening.bnr and it stays there, and it is fully functional on the USB Loader GX, which is where the probe is from, I have the files updated to version 11-beta1.
Thanks anyway, your advice helped me.

View attachment 388126
that's so cool would you be able to help me with modding Mario kart Wii? I tried doing these steps on the Mario kart midnight mod but it just didn't work

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's so cool would you be able to help me with modding Mario kart Wii? I tried doing these steps on the Mario kart midnight mod but it just didn't work
I tried this with MK Midnight a while back and it also didn’t work for me. I think it might have something to do with the extra track slots, but I’m not too sure

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

RiivolutionIsoBuilder
WII ISO Renamer V3
WiiBaFu-1.1-Win32

Has anyone tried with FriiDump rips (disc ISOs), or do all games have to be fully complete with original boot sectors ?
Just trying to avoid headaches ;)

Reactions: Auxxann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.