Set up SD for modchip Switch Lite

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently ordered a switch lite that comes with a modchip installed for running CFW (atmosphere) however it does not come with an SD card and I need a little guidance on how to set up the SD.

I downloaded the atmosphere latest release and will put that on the root of the SD. I've attached a screenshot of the root of the SD at the moment.
I'm struggling to follow guides i.e. switch.hacks.guide, as they assume it is a softmod method to set up, not a hardmod.

Is there a guide anyone can point to? I do not know the specific brand of modchip that the device will come with so I hope that isn't an issue.

Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 3

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, a follow up to this thread.

I got the system SD card set up, but the system is running software 17.0.
I have installed a few games but I am getting stuck on "Checking if this software can be played" - and I suspect this is due to the default.txt file blocking access to Nintendo servers. However when I remove this file from the SD card, the switch errors out with error code 2123-0011. Restoring this file stops this error, so I'm sure it has something to do with this.

I also cannot install tinfoil - I can access the applet via homebrew menu > tinfoil, but when I attempt to load it, I get error 2155-8007.

The console *did* come with a profile pre-set up on the device, and I am wondering if it may be worth doing a factory wipe of the device, updating the system software, but not sure if this will break anything.

Thanks

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im saying how can you boot into hekate without the file
I'm booting into Hekate and Atmosphere just fine - the issue is when attempting to install tinfoil I cannot, nor can I load any NSP games I installed via AwooInstaller (since tinfoil I cannot get working)

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm booting into Hekate and Atmosphere just fine - the issue is when attempting to install tinfoil I cannot, nor can I load any NSP games I installed via AwooInstaller (since tinfoil I cannot get working)
Sound like you don't have sig patches or somethings wrong with the ones you have. Do you know if you're using fss0 or fusee.bin to boot?

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have installed a few games but I am getting stuck on "Checking if this software can be played" - and I suspect this is due to the default.txt file blocking access to Nintendo servers. However when I remove this file from the SD card, the switch errors out with error code 2123-0011. Restoring this file stops this error, so I'm sure it has something to do with this.
The 2123-0011 is most likely related to the prodinfo blanking which was fixed in firmware 17.0.0. The default.txt is indeed used for blocking Nintendo servers and you'll definitely need it if you want to access the Internet in order to download homebrew apps, to join local multiplayer etc. There's also this patch which fixes the prodinfo blanking issue.

As kidkat210 mentioned, you're missing sigpatches or sys-patch, which is required for game backups to work.

Note that Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore sigpatches won't work unless you:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.
3) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.

Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all, but it's recommended to stick to one that works for you in order to reduce the clutter on your SD card since they are doing the same thing.

I also cannot install tinfoil - I can access the applet via homebrew menu > tinfoil, but when I attempt to load it, I get error 2155-8007.
It probably has something to do with sigpatches. See if it works after you install sigpatches / sys-patch.

Reactions: Nephiel

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The 2123-0011 is most likely related to the prodinfo blanking which was fixed in firmware 17.0.0. The default.txt is indeed used for blocking Nintendo servers and you'll definitely need it if you want to access the Internet in order to download homebrew apps, to join local multiplayer etc. There's also this patch which fixes the prodinfo blanking issue.

As kidkat210 mentioned, you're missing sigpatches or sys-patch, which is required for game backups to work.

Note that Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore sigpatches won't work unless you:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.
3) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.

Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all, but it's recommended to stick to one that works for you in order to reduce the clutter on your SD card since they are doing the same thing.

It probably has something to do with sigpatches. See if it works after you install sigpatches / sys-patch.
Thank you, I'll check this out and see if it fixes stuff for me!
Post automatically merged:

Sound like you don't have sig patches or somethings wrong with the ones you have. Do you know if you're using fss0 or fusee.bin to boot?
I followed this guide: https://rentry.co/switchhackingiseasy

Install on Mariko, sysnand cfw. So whatever is on those pages is what I have!

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide: https://rentry.co/switchhackingiseasy

Install on Mariko, sysnand cfw. So whatever is on those pages is what I have!
The Rentry guide still uses fusee.bin to boot in bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini rather than fss0 package3, so that is probably why sigpatches aren't applied. I've been wondering why that hasn't been updated yet, or at least mentioned, in the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc