Hardware Building my first desktop!

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody! I've decided to upgrade from my laptop into a desktop. To put things in perspective, I'm 16, haven't had a job yet, but save money really well. Currently, I have about $200. I know that's not going to get me anything, but that's what I currently have. I figured with Christmas coming up soon, I could ask for some pieces and gather a bit more money and eventually build my own computer. I have no idea how much I'm looking to spend, so I'll save up my money for whatever the best build for me is. I don't emulate very many things. If I do emulation, it's usually just for Resident Evil 2 and SSBM on Dolphin. I'd like to be able to play new released games and not have to replace it for a very long time. Side question, do you have to replace the entire desktop eventually? Or do you just switch parts over time? Thanks to everybody for all of their help. If any more information is required, I'd be happy to give it.

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if your looking into upgrading every so often, then I would recommend getting a good motherboard so you won't need to swap that out in the future (trust me I just made mine and already want to swap it). you won't need to replace desktops because you an always get new GPUs or CPUs.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some new released games requires good pc. If you want to buy some pieces from the internet now and the rest later, you never know wether its gonna work or not. My opinion is the same like the guy above said.

So with this said, I think for a decent pc 700$ is the best with a rx 480 or 1060 6gb build if you can. There are many different pc builds cheaper but you cant play some games at max settings.

P.s be careful with the power supply unit, you need a good brand. Example evga, seasonic or others and not cheaper. Search on google for tutorials or suggestions for build.

Last edited by RaMon90,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Buy a used mid range pc. It will allow you to play emulators and mid age games. Something you can run fall out 3. Then you can add more ram after and can get experience to when you have money to buy a better pc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/tech-industry/manufacturing/new-memory-demoed-running-at-600-degrees...