Zatelli has informed us of some recent updates
to many homebrew applications.

First of all,
Moonshell, the popular media player is about to go final. The beta can
be downloaded from the official site.

• icon11.gif
    Moonshell Official Site

DSLive Weather, which does exactly what it says on the tin now supports
DLDI. More info is on dev-scene.com and it can be downloaded from there.

The SNES emulator SnemulDS also supports DLDI now.
CrocoDS, a CPC 6128 emulator is updated to version 1.0.
  • icon11.gif
    Official Site

Thanks to Zatelli for making my life easier
smile.gif

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
im sooo lost with moonshell..i bought  an m3 simply recently. how u "update" moonshell?

Well, you can't update the internal moonshell, so just leave that. Download the new version from the homepage and install it on the root of your card. Now you can just boot it like any other .nds file.

Whooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could be me but i can't get SnemulDS to boot off my g6 lite it just turns white screen, even after patching the DLDI myself.

omg the same thing happens to me, i've tried so many times on my g6 lite... cant get it to work...
cry.gif
hate2.gif
does anyone know a way to get it to work, or a step by step guide to get it to work?...
nds.gif
(on g6 lite?)

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be me but i can't get SnemulDS to boot off my g6 lite it just turns white screen, even after patching the DLDI myself.

omg the same thing happens to me, i've tried so many times on my g6 lite... cant get it to work...
cry.gif
hate2.gif
does anyone know a way to get it to work, or a step by step guide to get it to work?...
nds.gif
(on g6 lite?)

It works on the G6 lite. I have Secrets of Mana working now..with some glitches at about 72 percent speed with sound.

There's a readme that will help you with the program files but I'll give you the quick course:

1. Create a folder (directory) named SNES in the root directory.

2. Put the G6 specific program file into the root directory.

3. Put your roms in the SNES folder.

4. Go to my card by pushing the start button on the main NDS menu.

5. Find the SNES program and click on it.

6. Select the second option. I believe it is with headers for those of you without chinese menus.

Edit: One more thing. Don't patch it with DLDI it's already patched. I'm not sure what patching it again will do but why take chances.

The main menu will come up and take it from there.

I'm going to find some less cpu hogging games than the rpg files I have to see how this really runs. Does anyone know of a good compatability list?

I haven't tried the DSBuild trick that the guy did with DS organize but I will try it and update if it allows you to load the program from the main menu.

Another Edit: I tried the DSBuild thing and it works. Put the SNEmulDS_G6Flash.nds file and the Dsbuild file in the same directory and get a command prompt in that directory and type dsbuild.exe SNEmulDS_G6Flash.nds and then enter. There is a link to the dsbuild file in a thread about dsorganize in the g6 forum.

It will create a file called SNEmulDS_G6Flash.ds.gba. Move this file to the nds folder on your G6 and rename it SNEmulDS_G6Flash.nds and it will boot the emulator from the main menu.

Oh. One other tip for people who were having trouble with DS Organize. Make sure the DS Organize folder is in the root directory otherwise it will automatically create an incomplete version of it for you and you will get errors. I moved it there and it is running almost error free.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While we are on G6 questions. Has anyone gotten the Weather thing to bring up the information on the G6. I can get it running and it says that the wifi and fatlib are ok....then it gives me a bunch of error messages saying it can't bring up the forcasts and it doesn't seem to be able to save. Am I missing something?

Edit: I was missing something. You have to create a data directory in the root dir called dsliveweather for the saved data. It works.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Squiffy, sorry, finalfinalbeta1 is out of date. It's currently up to finalfinalbeta3.

QUOTE said:
Please overwrite after setting up 'Ver1.6FinalFinalBeta0/1/2'.

http://mdxonlinemirror.dyndns.org/mshlffb3.7z

finalfinalbeta3

Removed the apostrophe (') from the separates character.
The PNG plug-in uses extmem.
Added 'L/R lock' item to System menu.
The folder changed at the end is remembered.
The StartPath item of the [System] section was detached.

QUOTE said:
finalfinalbeta2

Optimized Text plug-in.
Text bookmark supported.

Added UTF-16LE/UTF-16BE support.
Added CR/LF/CR+LF/LF+CR support.
External memory detection was broken, but fixed now.
Word wrap was added.
Soft reset was added to the Customize menu.
ogg.msp had a memory leak fixed (no more crashing after playing 30 songs or something).
Be sure to replace ogg.msp and png.msp in the plugin folder with the ones in this archive. High accuracy ogg.msp only supports ~128kbps maximum but avoids certain artifacts you might hear with low.

Whooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://download.yousendit.com/F224E09D13C579F8

I patched the G6 NDS file and put it up here for anyone who has difficulty finding dsbuild. Works fine so far, compatibility isn't perfect but its not bad. Good work to the dev(s)Â
smile.gif
 Thanks for your hard work
awesome, do I just write it to the card using g6 u-disk manager?

Edit: I wrote it using g6 u-disk manager and now its working!
yaynds.gif
I just wrote it in safe mode and with the box checked off lol...
gba.gif

Whooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone gotten Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars, or Donkey Kong 2: Diddy... (something...) to work on the emulator? I can't get it to work, mario rpg wont even start it says an error, and donkey kong gets to the title screen and it freezes... is there a compatability list or has anyone gotten any of those games to work? I've gotten LoZ Parrallel Worlds to work
biggrin.gif
and chrono trigger gets to the part where the mom tries to wake you up but then it freezes...
hate2.gif

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten Mario RPG: Legend of the seven stars, or Donkey Kong 2: Diddy... (something...) to work on the emulator? I can't get it to work, mario rpg wont even start it says an error, and donkey kong gets to the title screen and it freezes... is there a compatability list or has anyone gotten any of those games to work? I've gotten LoZ Parrallel Worlds to work
biggrin.gif
and chrono trigger gets to the part where the mom tries to wake you up but then it freezes...
hate2.gif

The same thing happened for me for Mario RPG and Donky Kong 2. Mario RPG took a long time on the pc emulators. I think it had an extra processor in it that made it more difficult to emulate. I got donky kong I, megaman X, R-Type,Sparkster, and Zelda 3 (sound was bad) running ok. I've been searching for a compatability list and haven't found one yet. I had problems with sprites with Super Mario World.

capt.fruitcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It could be me but i can't get SnemulDS to boot off my g6 lite it just  turns white screen, even after patching the DLDI myself.

cry.gif
hate2.gif
nds.gif
(on g6 lite?)

It works on the G6 lite. I have Secrets of Mana working now..with some glitches at about 72 percent speed with sound.

There's a readme that will help you with the program files but I'll give you the quick course:

1. Create a folder (directory) named SNES in the root directory.

2. Put the G6 specific program file into the root directory.

3. Put your roms in the SNES folder.

4. Go to my card by pushing the start button on the main NDS menu.

5. Find the SNES program and click on it.

6. Select the second option. I believe it is with headers for those of you without chinese menus.

Edit: One more thing. Don't patch it with DLDI it's already patched. I'm not sure what patching it again will do but why take chances.

The main menu will come up and take it from there.

I'm going to find some less cpu hogging games than the rpg files I have to see how this really runs. Does anyone know of a good compatability list?

I haven't tried the DSBuild trick that the guy did with DS organize but I will try it and update if it allows you to load the program from the main menu.

Another Edit: I tried the DSBuild thing and it works. Put the SNEmulDS_G6Flash.nds file and the Dsbuild file in the same directory and get a command prompt in that directory and type dsbuild.exe SNEmulDS_G6Flash.nds and then enter. There is a link to the dsbuild file in a thread about dsorganize in the g6 forum.

It will create a file called SNEmulDS_G6Flash.ds.gba. Move this file to the nds folder on your G6 and rename it SNEmulDS_G6Flash.nds and it will boot the emulator from the main menu.

Oh. One other tip for people who were having trouble with DS Organize. Make sure the DS Organize folder is in the root directory otherwise it will automatically create an incomplete version of it for you and you will get errors. I moved it there and it is running almost error free.

Thanks
smile.gif
i probably screwed up step 6. will test it after the weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...