Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced

Today EA have revealed that Burnout Paradise Remastered is releasing next month:

"In 2008, the original Burnout Paradise came roaring off the starting line ready to demolish the competition. Featuring breakneck racing, high-flying stunts, and — most importantly — shameless amounts of automotive destruction, Burnout Paradise set the bar for what an action racing game could be. And now, ten years later, it's back and ready to show a new generation of consoles the true definition of a “smash hit.”

Relive the high-octane stunts and wanton destruction of one of the greatest arcade-driving games ever. Featuring a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, it plays natively in 1080p on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and in 4K at 60fps on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X."

Burnout Paradise Remastered releases March 16th 2018.

:arrow: Burnout Paradise Remastered Official Site

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get why we cant get a burnout 3 remaster/remake isntead for me its hands down the best game in the series with no competition, its the fan favorite and criticaly favorite too with the highest total rating of all burnout games.

why paradise? makes no sence...

itll because it involves less work, itll likely be the PC version optimised to run at higher setting due to better hardware than the ps3/360.

these crap remasters annoy me, its just like running said PC game on a medicore PC then running same game on a hardcore PC, requires nothing additional, just a graphic engine running at full setting.

its not like these devs re create the models and all the textures.

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game dev logic :..... skip designing, and coming up with a new game, now that developing games is the easiest its ever been lets all cash in on quick ports with a higher rez and call it the definitive version remaster. its like being a artiest but all you do is trace over your own art, with little to no imagination being needed.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that the PC version got an announcement for getting in on the remaster action too, I don't know what to think. First off, huge missed opportunity in not putting it on the Switch, secondly, where's Burnout 2/3 on current gen?! Knowing EA, current owners on Steam will probably have to cough up money for the remaster on PC, too. I'm all for more Burnout releases, but this seems like a cash grab. Plus, even if we support it in means to get a new Burnout game, I don't think the original team is still with EA?

Reactions: Kioku

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now that the PC version got an announcement for getting in on the remaster action too, I don't know what to think. First off, huge missed opportunity in not putting it on the Switch, secondly, where's Burnout 2/3 on current gen?! Knowing EA, current owners on Steam will probably have to cough up money for the remaster on PC, too. I'm all for more Burnout releases, but this seems like a cash grab. Plus, even if we support it in means to get a new Burnout game, I don't think the original team is still with EA?
The original team, Criterion is now "Three Fields" who makes games that are basically burnout, but with... golf.

Please, where is my Burnout 3/Revenge Remaster for PS4 :(

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: tldr usb > bluetooth imo +1