Gaming Buy Mario Kart 8, get a free game via Club Nintendo (NA/EU)

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeh, looks like NOA have shafted the US on this deal in terms of choice. O well, Wii U Party it is :(
For once it's the other way around :) not saying you 'deserve" it, but to my experience you guys get more promotions, earlier games (SMT IV for instance still isn't out here yet, though we did get BD first), a _LOT_ more nintendo zones and opportunities to play games before release, ...

Anyway, I think this is awesome. After watching the nintendo direct I'm actually stoked about MK8 even though I'm usually not too big of a fan of the series. On top of that I'll be able to get MH3U or Pikmin 3 for free ^^ decisions, decisions...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Updated thread title to reflect the actual situation. Offer is for US/CA and "Europe".. A bit finger to the person in charge of Club Nintendo expansion in Europe. Half of the continent is missing the option.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've watched trailers, gameplay, etc. I just don't think it's my kind of game.

Well, that really doesn't do much justice because if I were to judge games by trailers/walkthroughs then they don't really look much fun.

There's a demo of Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo eShop store so give that a try rather than videos.

Updated thread title to reflect the actual situation. Offer is for US/CA and "Europe".. A bit finger to the person in charge of Club Nintendo expansion in Europe. Half of the continent is missing the option.

Just make a UK Club Nintendo account and problem's solved.

It's not like they can't make a UK account, they're still in Europe so that option's right there whereas if they were in US/JP they couldn't.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
This question is for club Nintendo experts:

I am assuming there is a limit of one per customer like all previous offers. But what if I had a family account? Would I be able to register one copy in both accounts and get 2 games? (Even though the accounts are technically tied)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, that really doesn't do much justice because if I were to judge games by trailers/walkthroughs then they don't really look much fun.

There's a demo of Wonderful 101 on the Nintendo eShop store so give that a try rather than videos.

I don't really have the luxury to download demos, because I have a limited monthly data limit that I have to share with the rest of my family. I'm gonna have to take my Wii U over to a friend with unlimited data just to be able to receive the free game.

Besides, I'm not really a fan of isometric games (I really don't get all the buzz about Super Mario RPG). I'm really starting to miss the N64-Gamecube era where there were still a large amount of games taking place in a 3D space.

I might actually go with Monster Hunter, because said friend is really trying to push me into it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A nice update to all you Nordic people complaining about the lack of the free game in the Nordic countries. I've been in contact with Bergsala, the local Nintendo distributor, regarding the promotion and the finally managed to convince NoE with the feedback.

Bergsala is participating in the promotion. The same games as in the NoE promo will be available. I'll update this post with more information once I get home. I'll also paste the email, but the actual confirmation page (in Finnish, but should be in the other Nordic countries too):
http://www.nintendo.fi/ajankohtaista/uutiset/ilmainen-latauskoodi-wii-u-n-mario-kart-8-pelin-os/

ShadyGame

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i might buy a wii u, really like mario kart, and love zelda, so probably will buy the wii u mario kart bundle and get me a free zelda ww :D

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going with Pikmin 3. Then after I download that Ill have enough points to get the DLC for free:)

Was going to wait to get MK8 since I have a huge backlog, but cant pass up a free game.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a free game makes you want to buy this game , then buy (pun intended) all means ....but I say fuck that . If I buy a physical disk and all you offer is a digital download in return (when it comes to the buy one get one free) ? ...I say thanks but no thanks , give me a physical copy of the game I want and maybe we might have a deal .

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If a free game makes you want to buy this game , then buy (pun intended) all means ....but I say fuck that . If I buy a physical disk and all you offer is a digital download in return (when it comes to the buy one get one free) ? ...I say thanks but no thanks , give me a physical copy of the game I want and maybe we might have a deal .

they offer you something for free and you still demand stuff? wow

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Would you really rather pay for a physical game then receive a digital copy for free?
tumblr_mf5n2cX64n1rbrm08o1_500.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh