Hardware Buying a GBA Flash Cart in 2013

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used my credit card for the transaction. You pay aliexpress and they don't give the store your money until you claim to have received the item.
Reading this helped to ease my worries about the site. It's very similar to ebay's buyer protection program.

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.

As I also have been looking for a decent flashcart for my soon to arrive new GBA with backlight, I have read this thread and now consider either the spanish shop or the seller on aliexpress as possible options. I will check the shipping costs from the Spanish shop, but it's very tempting to order from Aliexpress, as there is also a seller for 2GB mini sd cards, which I couldn't find anywhere anymore. (I heard of some people having problems with their microsd converters, so this could be a good deal)

34$ for both EZ-Flash IV and 2GB mini sd seems a good deal.

Here is the link to the mini-sd seller:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2GB-...-SD-adapter-Free-Shipping-8051/582448657.html

The only real thing I'm still missing is a good hard cover pouch for my new GBA SP. Anyone had any luck with that? Also, some battery pack would be nice, but I guess I will just order some rechargeable batteries from dealextreme. (For the regular GBA)

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´m using my EZ-Flash 4 with a Kingston Micro SD 2GB and a cheap noname Mini SD Adapater and have no problems at all.
Also the Mini SD is very stiff in the slot and difficult to remove (i only was able to with a tweezers).
But removing the Micro SD and leaving the adapter in the slot is much easier.
Shipping to germany was 5€, should be the same to austria.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
How old is your cart [Truth]? On the 2 I've got (purchased in the last year or so) the MiniSD is pretty easy to remove with a fingernail.
I'm using a couple of 'team' brand miniSD cards (all I could track down), I wonder if the older carts were more difficult.

Packaging of the miniSD cards I'm using.

Peel off the sticker and guaranteed it will be a completely different brand:D

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

As I also have been looking for a decent flashcart for my soon to arrive new GBA with backlight, I have read this thread and now consider either the spanish shop or the seller on aliexpress as possible options. I will check the shipping costs from the Spanish shop, but it's very tempting to order from Aliexpress, as there is also a seller for 2GB mini sd cards, which I couldn't find anywhere anymore. (I heard of some people having problems with their microsd converters, so this could be a good deal)

34$ for both EZ-Flash IV and 2GB mini sd seems a good deal.

Here is the link to the mini-sd seller:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2GB-...-SD-adapter-Free-Shipping-8051/582448657.html

The only real thing I'm still missing is a good hard cover pouch for my new GBA SP. Anyone had any luck with that? Also, some battery pack would be nice, but I guess I will just order some rechargeable batteries from dealextreme. (For the regular GBA)

The only problem with ordering the MiniSD card is that its coming from a different shop on aliexpress so you would probably receive both items at different times. I've also seen other people who have problems getting the MiniSD in and out. Seems as though leaving a MiniSD adapter in the EZ-Flash and just using a MicroSD is a better option.

P

pasc

Intercepting this thread:

When anyone has got an idea where I can get a Flash 2 Adavance plus the included linkcable/is interested in selling one:

Reply here or even better: PM me !

EDIT: On a Sidenote: my EZ IV Mini-SD seems to have stopped saving saves back to the card, any idea why this might be the case ?

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Intercepting this thread:

When anyone has got an idea where I can get a Flash 2 Adavance plus the included linkcable/is interested in selling one:

Reply here or even better: PM me !

EDIT: On a Sidenote: my EZ IV Mini-SD seems to have stopped saving saves back to the card, any idea why this might be the case ?

Good Luck trying to find F2A. I found a Fire Linker. I'm not sure if I trust that website, I know I've tried to buy from them before and the payment process didn't work. So I emailed them and they told me to send money to their paypal account. I ended up not doing that as I didn't really trust them.

As for the EZ IV Mini-SD not saving back to the card. Have you tried re-flashing the firmware. I've never owned one but I feel like that might fix the problem.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You could try posting a thread in the "Want to Buy" subsection of the "trading" section... I just got an EZ Flash IV myself for reasonably cheap by buying from another Temp-er.

gotloveforall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could try posting a thread in the "Want to Buy" subsection of the "trading" section... I just got an EZ Flash IV myself for reasonably cheap by buying from another Temp-er.
Even though my account is over 4 years old I can't get into the Trading forums since I don't have 50 posts yet. lol

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though my account is over 4 years old I can't get into the Trading forums since I don't have 50 posts yet. lol
I didn't even realize there was a trading forum here. Looks like I'll be able to use it soon!
By the way the seller on Aliexpress has already shipped out my Ez-flash IV and gave me a tracking number that works! I'm guessing I'll get it within the next two weeks.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Package has already arrived for the EZ-Flash IV from Aliexpress. I bought it on the 15th of January and today is the 24th, making it the quickest package I have ever received from China! I can't wait to get home so I can test it out and let everyone know how it goes!

Reactions: [Truth]

gotloveforall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine arrived today as well. Same Alliexpress seller. Ship date is marked jan 18 so 4 business days shipping from HK. WOW!
The "gift" is a microsd card reader and he also sent me a SD card adapter. He said he would send a Mini-SD adapter. So he sent the wrong one. lol
I'll test and post back later tonight. I have to go get my S2000 back from repair. *sigh* I would drive that beast in the winter if my parents would allow. Salt be damned!

*rummages through flash cards from Mini-SD adapter*

Reactions: deshayzilla

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got a micro SD adapter as well but I didn't get SD card reader. I totally forgot about the miniSD adapter that I would need so I'm ordering one now. So far it works, Haven't tested any games but it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8