Gaming Camelot - What happened?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Fel said:
So officially and unofficially there's really no GS on the 3DS planned yet.

I don't mean any rumour. There's no doubt that there's a Golden Sun planned on the 3DS. Dark Dawn ended in the same way The Broken Seal did, with a clear path forward for a sequel, and since when did a developer ever revive a franchise after seven years of inactivity to release just one game and no more? Since The Lost Age came out two years after The Broken Seal, we can assume it'll only taken them two or three years to finish Dark Dawn's sequel and release it on the 3DS. After all, there's no point releasing it on the DS itself so many years into the 3DS's lifetime.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
McDash said:
Play beyond the beyond on psx and play GS series... you can see how repetitive they are
You could easily say that ALL JRPGs are repetitive. And in some regard, you're certainly right. They all share some extremely similar aspects. But I believe, as RPGs go, GS is slightly less generic. There's some decent puzzles in there, non generic events, and it does have a decent story. If you're going to write off an entire genre, by all means. But I'd wright off a lot of other popular RPGs before GS.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
Fel said:
So officially and unofficially there's really no GS on the 3DS planned yet.

I don't mean any rumour. There's no doubt that there's a Golden Sun planned on the 3DS. Dark Dawn ended in the same way The Broken Seal did, with a clear path forward for a sequel, and since when did a developer ever revive a franchise after seven years of inactivity to release just one game and no more? Since The Lost Age came out two years after The Broken Seal, we can assume it'll only taken them two or three years to finish Dark Dawn's sequel and release it on the 3DS. After all, there's no point releasing it on the DS itself so many years into the 3DS's lifetime.
Wait, you mean you know Japanese and have finished the game that you say it ends with such an open end like GS 1? Or you just read somewhere how it ends? *please don't tell me about the ending, don't spoil anything, okay?
wink.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rasas said:
Camelot made Shining Force as well and it is one of the greatest RPGs on the sega genesis I have ever played. Phantasy Star is a close second in my opinion.

I love Shining Force, my all time favourite game
wub.gif
actually I've been craving a game like it play style and graphic style but I've been having trouble finding anything close
cry.gif
the closest thing I've found so far is Breath of Death VII on the xbox 360 indie games but the combat isn't the same. makes me want to buy the DNA game maker thing and attempt to create an RPG of similar styling.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Fel said:
Wait, you mean you know Japanese and have finished the game that you say it ends with such an open end like GS 1? Or you just read somewhere how it ends? *please don't tell me about the ending, don't spoil anything, okay?
wink.gif

Yeah, I've beaten it already. My parents imported it for me for my birthday, even though I didn't want the game 'til it came out over here on December 10th... So yeah, I know ezackly how it ends. And it ends in such a way that a sequel is inevitable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1