Homebrew Can I use this R4 flashcart to install CFW?

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I've never hacked a 3DS with a R4 flashcart before and I'm considering doing it for a friend since his current 3DS version is up-to-date.

I have this flashcart https://i.imgur.com/OJeMxXS.jpg but I can't tell from the list if this one is okay because the one that's supposed to be "similar" is completely golden, while mine isn't. I'm not even entirely sure if it's from the same "series"

Can someone tell me if I can or cannot use this one to attempt installing CFW?

What's the chance of bricking using this method?

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've never hacked a 3DS with a R4 flashcart before and I'm considering doing it for a friend since his current 3DS version is up-to-date.

I have this flashcart https://i.imgur.com/OJeMxXS.jpg but I can't tell from the list if this one is okay because the one that's supposed to be "similar" is completely golden, while mine isn't. I'm not even entirely sure if it's from the same "series"

Can someone tell me if I can or cannot use this one to attempt installing CFW?

What's the chance of bricking using this method?

I believe so.
Chance of bricking is 0% if you follow the guide right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: IggyJet

IggyJet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe so.
Chance of bricking is 0% if you follow the guide right.

Yeah I have no problems with the guide, I've done it like 3 times with the 11.3 version but never really with the flashcart. Plus the flashcart is already a few years old so IDK what if it glitches out or something, I still use it regularly for DS games but I'm a little skeptical when it comes to using it to alter the system.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have no problems with the guide, I've done it like 3 times with the 11.3 version but never really with the flashcart. Plus the flashcart is already a few years old so IDK what if it glitches out or something, I still use it regularly for DS games but I'm a little skeptical when it comes to using it to alter the system.

It's safe unless you go crazy and rip the motherboard off the 3DS or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...