Hacking Can Nintendo detect cosoles used TX on normal (not modded boot)

alepman90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 Switches one on latest FW the other on 2.3, and want to use TX on my main one is it possible
to log to my account during normal boot and use my legit games without getting banned.
then turn the wifi off and use TX..... i don't want to update my both consoles to latest fw

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, if Nintendo kept a log of private headers from games played on the Switch, and saw that you were either playing a game without a private header (like one of BBB's releases), or you were playing a game with a private header that was known to be pirated, Nintendo should be able to ban you for it. Even if you never went online while playing that title, or while running SX OS.

But we haven't seen any evidence of Nintendo doing that. Yet.

Currently there's no widespread way of launching backups, legit or otherwise. I would not be surprised in the slightest if we saw banwaves after TX's release. There's currently no 100% guaranteed safe way of using CFW, homebrew, and loading backups on a Switch and playing online.

Attainable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know, but I'm sure the Switch logs some data when you play those games on TX FW.

Whether or not Nintendo gets that data and is able to red flag it is another question....and also, it depends on what Nintendo is even getting from the Switch...private headers etc.

Last edited by Attainable,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 Switches one on latest FW the other on 2.3, and want to use TX on my main one is it possible
to log to my account during normal boot and use my legit games without getting banned.
then turn the wifi off and use TX..... i don't want to update my both consoles to latest fw

I would assume for now that going online with a switch that has had any unauthorised software or hardware modifications is a bad idea.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You already have the ideal solution, use one Switch for hacks and keep one totally clean. Don't cross contaminate them and you should be safe.

alepman90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You already have the ideal solution, use one Switch for hacks and keep one totally clean. Don't cross contaminate them and you should be safe.
The idea was to keep one for Atm or any CFW that require 3.0 or less, since you have to update the FW (using TX) to play the latest games

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The idea was to keep one for Atm or any CFW that require 3.0 or less, since you have to update the FW (using TX) to play the latest games
I get it, I just think that until more is known about what Nintendo is gonna do this time around it's wiser to keep one completely clean.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add a private header?

You can probably throw in whatever private header you want, it's just a question of whether or not Nintendo detects it as invalid.

With the 3DS, people were able to take the private header from one of their legit games, and inject it into all of their pirated games. Nintendo didn't do any sort of cross-checking (that we know of) to check the private header against the game it was used on. That being said, there's a good chance they learned their lesson and that this will result in a ban now. But we won't know until it happens.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna be safe don’t run backups I mean honestly there is no way to make backups released to the public so all backups are pirated. Thus running one may be easily detected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag