Hacking Can no longer install CIA files using FBI

rakichaneru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings all.

I done fucked up something and now I'm mad. I've been struggling with this for about 2 hours now and I just can't seem to figure it out.

A while back I downgraded my N3DS and then installed CFW (been using Luma, yes I'm updated) and at some point I managed to get FBI on my home menu and I've been using that to install CIA ever since. Today I decided to update my FBI install to the newest version and so I deleted the version I had on the 3DS emuNAND menu and downloaded the newest FBI cia from their site.

However, here's where the fuckup happened. When I try to install the new version of FBI from the Homebrew Launcher, I get an error.

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
Module AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

I have no idea what any of this means, but I was installing cia files with no issues just yesterday using the installed FBI cia from my homescreen.

Furthermore, I can't install ANY cia files with FBI from the Homebrew Launcher, and if I try to launch it via BrowserHax after launching Luma, it says it has no kernal access at all.

Can anyone help me out here or tell me how to get BBB or DevMenu or FBI installed again on my home screen? Thanks in advance.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have updated FBI using itself to install the newer CIA (or on newer versions, use the built in updater). trying to use it from homebrew launcher won't give it kernel access.

now you need to re-inject into H&S emunand to get FBI back.

rakichaneru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have updated FBI using itself to install the newer CIA (or on newer versions, use the built in updater). trying to use it from homebrew launcher won't give it kernel access.

now you need to re-inject into H&S emunand to get FBI back.

Well, thanks. How do I do that? I don't remember doing that the first time, is the thing. Pretty sure I used PastaCFW during my initial downgrade and stuff.

Last edited by rakichaneru, , Reason: More information

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can dump hs.app using Decrypt9 or Hourglass9 (if using arm9loaderhax, which you should consider).

use "Universal Inject Generator" to generate injects using FBI.

dump hs.app from emunand using one of the above tools, get FBI.cia, put both in the "input" folder. run go.bat (Windows)/go.sh (Linux)/Mac_inject_launcher.app (Mac).

use the same tool to inject FBI_inject_with_banner.app into emunand. reboot, open H&S, install FBI.cia separately.

re-inject hs.app to get the original application back (because injection is intended to be temporary).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A