Hacking Can someone create a thread about trusted SX OS modchip installers by region

Redasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need my switch...to be shipped.... It's a kid birthday gift.... And she is still waiting for it.

Redasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if you really want you can use one of the other trusted installer in the USA like @Mena

I can personally attest to him

SXhqBYf.png
I have already send him my switch but he has never ship back... To make matters worse he doesn't reply to may messages any more.. Please help me... He created a shipping label but never send my switch.... It is really suspicious

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've sent him a PM. There is a crap ton of fires in Cali at the moment. So who knows that might cause issues with the postal service as well.

Reactions: iialaq01

Redasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ModderFokker619
He received my switch on 15th of August
He fixed it
He told me that it's shipped on the 17th of August
He gave a tracking which says that the post office didn't receive the package yet..
He told me that the tracking will be active in 4 days.
Which didn't happen... It's almost 10 days and still nothing to track.
Moreover no replies at all and I am not the only person... Another person has the same problem....
It looks like that he logs in his account and go away from time to time.... Please talk to him to send me my switch.... Please help me...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've sent him a PM. There is a crap ton of fires in Cali at the moment. So who knows that might cause issues with the postal service as well.
The post office has never received any package.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@ModderFokker619
He fixed it
He gave a tracking which says that the post office didn't receive the package yet..
Moreover no replies at all and I am not the only person... Another person has the same problem....
It looks like that he logs in his account and go away from time to time.... Please talk to him to send me my switch.... Please help me...

We aren't customer support. All the risk you take is between you and the moder. We'll try and see what's up, if he will reply to me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ModderFokker619
He fixed it

USPS is notorious for not scanning prepaid package, so typically acceptance scan are not scanned, It is weird that you haven't go any scan on the package by now, since it has been 1 1/2 weeks since he provided tracking #, because when I had mine modded by him it was shipped the next day afternoon when he was done with it, he was even kind to let me pay 1/2 at a time. I have recommended him a few customers before and they have always worked out, can you show screenshot of your conversation with him with the tracking # that he provided @Redasx

jojo319

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I’m concerned about that he was reached by Nintendo. They’ve been hunting installation services in the US. The other thing is, you don’t know what he’s going through during this COVID-19 time. He won’t jeopardize his reputation over few switches. He’s making good money from this job. I’m sure he’s going through something.

What's adding the confusion, is that it shows he's logging in multiple times a day. if he was contacted by Nintendo, he could still reply to messages (since he is logging in anyway, unless they got his login info?). If something else was going on, a simple "I am going through something, will get back to work in xx days" or something like that. I can't stress enough how much the multiple daily login's is what is creating the most anxiety and confusion over this situation.

Last edited by jojo319,
Reactions: Redasx

iialaq01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's adding the confusion, is that it shows he's logging in multiple times a day. if he was contacted by Nintendo, he could still reply to messages (since he is logging in anyway, unless they got his login info?). If something else was going on, a simple "I am going through something, will get back to work in xx days" or something like that. I can't stress enough how much the multiple daily login's is what is creating the most anxiety and confusion over this situation.
Nintendo is taking this matter seriously. I’ve listed a switch lite has issues in touch screen with SX lite included and the listing was removed because of Nintendo. You never know what can happen to him. He might received notices from Nintendo before but he didn’t take them seriously. I just hope he’s ok and you all get your stuff back

Your listing was removed: VeRO Unauthorized Item Policy

Hello iialaq02,
We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Unauthorized Item Policy. Unauthorized copies or counterfeits are illegal and not allowed on eBay
What activity didn't follow the policy
Activity on your account didn’t follow our policy. More specific details are provided below.

What you need to do next
Items removed for this policy cannot be relisted. Please ensure that your future listings are for authentic items only. For these items, they should be described accurately and completely, so buyers know that it is an authentic item.

What is the policy

- Your listing was reported by Nintendo Co., Limited for violating their copyright.  eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program offers intellectual property rights owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights  
- Unauthorized copies of copyrighted material are illegal, and not allowed on eBay 
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)
You can send an email to:
[email protected]

How this affects your account
Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended.

• We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period. All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Why we have this policy

This policy helps to ensure that eBay users trust our marketplace, and comply with the law.

More information and help
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/...es/intellectual-property-vero-program?id=4349

Listings not following policy
203086346345 - (Read Description) Nintendo Switch Lite Console With SX Lite

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Attachments

• 8F16B93E-F5B4-42F2-8972-E1C698BB2C27.jpeg
    8F16B93E-F5B4-42F2-8972-E1C698BB2C27.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 7E398106-FCE8-44F8-82A6-E226D014BE2B.png
    7E398106-FCE8-44F8-82A6-E226D014BE2B.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 208

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent my switch to @ModderFokker619 and it was received by him on Monday 8/17. He confirmed it's receipt, and said had the mod done the next day. He informed me that he was waiting on his amazon order of the 512GB Patriot cards. They finally came in on Saturday or Sunday. He sent me a picture of my letter that was in the box, my switch running SX Core, and i sent him payment for the service, card, and insured return shipping. He dropped it off as USPS the next day and the tracking updated at midnight showing it had been received by USPS. My switch is currently in route and I should have it tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted. I honestly think that he is just very overwhelmed right now with the mod requests and the delay in getting memory cards from Amazon really put him behind schedule. If he was going to scam people there are certainly much lower effort ways to get money from folks. I think he's probably just overwhelmed.

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean if you really want you can use one of the other trusted installer in the USA like @Mena

I can personally attest to him

SXhqBYf.png

I get that i'm a nobody around here, but i'm just curious how does a user with no post history get recommended to do these mods? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, i'm genuinely curious.

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah I would suggest for now until these outstanding cases are cleared up maybe hold off sending switches to him to mod, I have also messaged him a few days ago regarding a reported dispute with a concerned customer, right now all we know is he has shipped "something" back to someone since being contacted, just waiting to make sure it all checks out ok, I know back when I was doing hardmods on the 3DS I had a couple of parcels get delayed in shipping and had misplaced the tracking number and no doubt had the customers panicking (after that I always made sure to add the tracking number in messages before handing it over to the post office to avoid this issue), but there was also times the tracking numbers simply didn't ever get scanned but they did arrive, for now I would suggest people remain calm who are waiting for their system to be returned, no point panicking its not going to help you, but I think everyone would appreciate if @ModderFokker619 could just drop into the thread and clear the situation up for everyone, its the radio silence that causes the most anxiety in these situations, a simple "sorry guys my dog died and I have been a bit depressed, really sorry" or whatever the reason my be would certainly help reassure people that you haven't just ran away with their systems

Hoping everyone gets their property back safely and hope modderfokker can get back to business as usual and put this slip-up behind them ^_^

D

Deleted User

I didn't have a gbatemp account. I made it very recently, if you look on rocketchat, I'm listed and verified. Plenty have bought from me. It's not rude, no worries
I get that i'm a nobody around here, but i'm just curious how does a user with no post history get recommended to do these mods? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, i'm genuinely curious.

Turbinetester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't have a gbatemp account. I made it very recently, if you look on rocketchat, I'm listed and verified. Plenty have bought from me. It's not rude, no worries
Cool, i've never heard of rocketchat so i'll check you out. Do you offer in person services? I may be interested in getting multiple switches done...

D

Deleted User

Yeah, the rocketchat server I'm referring to is the official TX support chat. Yes I offer in person services. I've had people drive upwards of 2+ hours to get it done in person
Cool, i've never heard of rocketchat so i'll check you out. Do you offer in person services? I may be interested in getting multiple switches done...

Last edited by ,

jojo319

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I would suggest for now until these outstanding cases are cleared up maybe hold off sending switches to him to mod, I have also messaged him a few days ago regarding a reported dispute with a concerned customer, right now all we know is he has shipped "something" back to someone since being contacted, just waiting to make sure it all checks out ok, I know back when I was doing hardmods on the 3DS I had a couple of parcels get delayed in shipping and had misplaced the tracking number and no doubt had the customers panicking (after that I always made sure to add the tracking number in messages before handing it over to the post office to avoid this issue), but there was also times the tracking numbers simply didn't ever get scanned but they did arrive, for now I would suggest people remain calm who are waiting for their system to be returned, no point panicking its not going to help you, but I think everyone would appreciate if @ModderFokker619 could just drop into the thread and clear the situation up for everyone, its the radio silence that causes the most anxiety in these situations, a simple "sorry guys my dog died and I have been a bit depressed, really sorry" or whatever the reason my be would certainly help reassure people that you haven't just ran away with their systems

Hoping everyone gets their property back safely and hope modderfokker can get back to business as usual and put this slip-up behind them ^_^

This is my feeling exactly. As mentioned before TONS of people have had GREAT experiences with him (including me a few weeks ago). I think people would agree he was OVER communicative. That's what makes it so odd and alarming. He HAS my friends Switch. I would have zero problem if he said exactly what you just did. Taking some time off, personal problems, etc. But to log in multiple times a day, and still not let anyone know if he's even in business, is what troubles me. I vouched for him, so as of now I need to replace my friend's Switch.

I sent my switch to @ModderFokker619 and it was received by him on Monday 8/17. He confirmed it's receipt, and said had the mod done the next day. He informed me that he was waiting on his amazon order of the 512GB Patriot cards. They finally came in on Saturday or Sunday. He sent me a picture of my letter that was in the box, my switch running SX Core, and i sent him payment for the service, card, and insured return shipping. He dropped it off as USPS the next day and the tracking updated at midnight showing it had been received by USPS. My switch is currently in route and I should have it tomorrow. I will keep you guys posted. I honestly think that he is just very overwhelmed right now with the mod requests and the delay in getting memory cards from Amazon really put him behind schedule. If he was going to scam people there are certainly much lower effort ways to get money from folks. I think he's probably just overwhelmed.

Do you have any messages from 08/19 or after? The last contact I had with him was 08/18.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but how did they go bankrupt?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or rather, why?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm about to buy a $200 flash cart
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I have a 256GB card in my 3DS lol
    It's a New 3DS XL so it's still under warranty... If it ever breaks gonna make Nintendo fix it lol You said it was new.... For eternity!!!
    But my 3DS is loaded with emulators and 3DS games and DS games and GBA games probably thousands of games in total lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb going with my dad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, are most of those games shovelware?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah gotta buy 3 1tb SD cards for 3ds the entire libraries need archived in my home
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    >buys x3 1TB SD cards
    >stores the entire 3DS library on them
    >installs CFW
    >realised why I wasted loads of money and resources
    +2
    Lol no I clean my sets
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cause it's in my home ready to go
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like uremum
    But 100 games on SNES and Genesis and GBA then TG16 and NES and GB and GBC then all the other random systems and arcade games it all adds up lol
    +1
    Virtual Boy alone has probably 5 games!!! Lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't mention any names in chat but some of us wastes $300 on preloaded hdds :tpi:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, The PS5 had none.
    +2
    Lol I spent more than that on a stuffed 4TB drive lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I've yet to fill the 1tb internal drive on my ps5
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, 1) except final fantasy 16. 2) why would I have a console's whole catalogue if most of the games are either shovelware or terrible games?
    Kind of a waste, but the allure of all those games over 100,000
    Some shovel ware with low ratings you might enjoy more than the ratings would sugest
    +1
    Cruisn on the Wii is one of my personal examples of that, it's considered one of the worst games of all time, I loved it and completed it several times.
    +1
    The trick for me was to go into the settings and crank up the Wiimote sensitivity to the max and it gets twitchy but you can win that way lol
    Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lots of other games I enjoyed that reviews would say otherwise lol