Hacking Can someone recommend an easy way to short pin 10 without taking apart the joycon?

SimonMKWii

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Z can

Nope but maybe you guys shouldn't be so quick to shut unknowns out dude .I have some skill not as much as you or others but some .
It would help if your skill wasn't blatantly lying to the forum.
Let's say hypothetically you were telling the truth. Ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?
That's essentially what this is. You have a track record of making statements with absolutely no evidence to back them up, and also refuse to release your "hax" for arbitrary and petty reasons.
At that point, nobody can possibly believe you. Unless you clean up your act, everyone is going to assume you're lying regardless of whether what you're saying is true or false.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
would it be hard for someone that has a paper clip jig that works , to make a printable on paper draw , so in this way you can print a sheet and create the exact size and match the figure for the paper clip to work ,, sorry it seems dumb is an idea that cross my mind because i tried many time with many different paper clips and was never able to enter in RCM mode .
Thanks in advance

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a tiny piece of aluminum foil. It was pretty hard to get it that small, but after trial an error I was finally able to get it. It basically shorts 10 and grounds with 9. Yes, it still charges this way, and no it doesn't stay in wireless mode like I've heard others say.

Attachments

• 100D9234-E300-4921-BD21-77E8E909AE2D.jpeg
    100D9234-E300-4921-BD21-77E8E909AE2D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 924

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used a tiny piece of aluminum foil. It was pretty hard to get it that small, but after trial an error I was finally able to get it. It basically shorts 10 and grounds with 9. Yes, it still charges this way, and no it doesn't stay in wireless mode like I've heard others say.

Tried that also, only problem here was that the joycon is not charging

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cant get this shit to work.
i try the paperclip and screw driver methods, switch just instantly boots up switch when i hold the power+vol up buttons :l

I used this and works first time for me :

Just bend my future modkit. It is kinda tricky to get it to hit the right pins, but with a flashlight you can take a look inside and fit the clip in perfectly.

For everyone using metric system:
View attachment 121499 View attachment 121500 View attachment 121501

The dent is a tight fit to be big enough to hold it's place, but not too big to fit at all... Try to make it exactly 2mm, a little more than on my picture and it will be perfect

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
I got into RCM once using a standard paperclip without a joycon plugged in, but it was just good luck and I haven't been able to do it again since.

Edit: Everyone, forget modding your joycons and just get a copper wire https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbep2KZV0AA-DWz.png

Hi are you using the paper clip design by unvaluablespace, I have and it’s been working every about 10 tries

Idk if I can link older posts on here but it was posted on the 26th of april

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
thx for the replies regarding this rcm trick thing.
what worked best and easiest for me was using that foil method..

i directly after installed autorcm, so that i dont have to harrass my poor switch!

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got into RCM once using a standard paperclip without a joycon plugged in, but it was just good luck and I haven't been able to do it again since.

Edit: Everyone, forget modding your joycons and just get a copper wire https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbep2KZV0AA-DWz.png

Pls die this is like the 100th post of this bs just F ing google search this is beyond stupid to have to see everyday on the forum the same shit post

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use tin foil

u dont even need a screwdriver.

just rmb to check if there are any bits of foil at the pins when youre done

nifoc2099

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
1st Timer here. i have 1 question (Pls dont flame me). Does this trick only works on 1 side of the switch? All the pics i see is on the side near the game cartridge slot is. Can it work on the other side as well?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1st Timer here. i have 1 question (Pls dont flame me). Does this trick only works on 1 side of the switch? All the pics i see is on the side near the game cartridge slot is. Can it work on the other side as well?
I believe it's just on the right side, I'm not sure what the corresponding pin on the left side does, but I don't suggest jamming something down there without making sure it won't fry your Switch.

gbazone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I forgot I made this thread. This scene has progressed so quickly. I still have a copper wire handy but I'm very thankful for auto RCM.

nifoc2099

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Thank you both @The Real Jdbye & @Kubas_inko for your replies.

..but I don't suggest jamming something down there without making sure it won't fry your Switch.

Yup i am afraid of that too. Several tries i did using paperclip method. Twice successful out of ## tries :wink:. On my 2nd successful rcm boot/mode, i activated auto rcm using ReiNX. Now i m wondering whether my Switch is totally off or in rcm mode :mellow:

Last edited by nifoc2099,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe