Emulation Can the Wii U emulate PS2?

cotonho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know much about emulation, but thinkig about the games that the Wii U have it seem possible to me, why i can't find anyone talking about a PS2 emluator for WIi U?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Hayato213

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know much about emulation, but thinkig about the games that the Wii U have it seem possible to me, why i can't find anyone talking about a PS2 emluator for WIi U?
wiiu doesnt even have a decent ps1 emulator let alone thinking of ps2 lol.

wiiu cpu is very very weak so the emulators we can get are up to ps1/n64 anything else wont be running at full speed most of the games at all, that is if you find any devs for wiiu, because there is no native emulator for ps1 or even n64 on wiiu, people who play some ps1 games or n64 games on wiius use the wii emulators since they never made any wiiu ones.

Last edited by pedro702,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not even its got a lower clock speed lol. Not sure what the cache is on each though.
wiiu cpu is faster than xbox360/ps3 becuase it has alot of years of tech evolution supporting it, you cant compare them clock by clock or else even ps3 would be stronger than ps4/xbone cpus which it isnt.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Funkitude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiiu doesnt even have a decent ps1 emulator let alone thinking of ps2 lol.

wiiu cpu is very very weak so the emulators we can get are up to ps1/n64 anything else wont be running at full speed most of the games at all, that is if you find any devs for wiiu, because there is no native emulator for ps1 or even n64 on wiiu, people who play some ps1 games or n64 games on wiius use the wii emulators since they never made any wiiu ones.
pedro702 this is nintendont you can play gamecube games using your Wii WiiU and VWii

here is a forwarder guide and it has link to the software you will need with this you can use the Wii U gamepad

First install this if you want nintendont on your VWii

Last edited by Funkitude,

Funkitude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you didnt even realized im the one that maintains nintendont did you? lol use github see the last commits lol.
:O your amazing thanks so much for your work I want a capture card for Christmas to play on my homebrewed WiiU I want to play my gamecube games using nintendont nice to meet you anyways :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol