Hacking Can we play online with a hacked switch ?

huhuacnl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey !!

sorry if there is a thread explaining but I’m on the verge of buying a switch that is hacked but I’m not sure whether it’s possible to play online with those hacked games without getting banned ?
Last I checked it wasn’t possible but I was wondering if there is a method that makes it possible now !
Thanks

huhuacnl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go online with pirated games, get banned.
wouldn't even bother buying a pre-modded switch if you plan to go online, no idea what previous owner did as it may not be banned yet but could down the road.
What if I buy a pre modded switch ( that I new hasn’t been used) and I play online with legit original games,would I still get banned ?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea what previous owner did as it may not be banned yet but could down the road.

Exactly this! If online play is important to you, it's not worth the risk of buying a pre-hacked Switch. Much better off buying one that hasn't been hacked at all, and then set up a dirty emunand / clean sysnand so you can have the best of both worlds.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9/10 times people just half modded the switch. Half modded means they just dumped the CFW on the sysnand and just loaded games on it. It's best to buy a virgin switch that never been modded.

I see people sell dirty switch all the time with no dualboot I feel sorry those people. Youre better off searching for a regular seller that doesnt even know what CFW is and ask for the SN. That is what I did for my 2 CFW switches

It's not good to but a switch right now because of the price gouging. I did see a unpatched switch with 7 games for $500 but thats still too much money

Last edited by Goku1992A,

kassio69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can also use emupath config to have separate dirty/clean emummc launch options in Hekate to boot into whatever emummc you want without having to select it in the emummc management screen prior.

Would you share your Hekate config?
I tried setting an entry for each emuMMC but it always boots the one specified in the emummc.ini.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ban Risk:

Instant ban:
• Piracy of any sort
• Homebrew nsps
• Changing user icon through homebrew
• Sketchy eShop behavior

Not so instant ban, but still a ban:
• Modding online games
• Cheating in online games
• Clearing error logs after they've been uploaded to Nintendo (this may extend to using both emummc and sysmmc online, due to mismatched logs)

Not a ban, so far:
• Atmosphere itself
• Homebrew
• Custom themes
• Custom sysmodules (sys-ftpd-light, etc.)
• Mods/cheating in offline games
• Overclocking with sys-clk (just don't do it competitively, for all of our sakes)
• emummc

We just don't know enough yet:
• Screwing with PRODINFO, but NOT committing bannable offenses
• Using the experimental PRODINFO dummying included in Atmosphere 0.11.2 and later.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

huhuacnl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a great thread.
You can also use emupath config to have separate dirty/clean emummc launch options in Hekate to boot into whatever emummc you want without having to select it in the emummc management screen prior. Ideally, you could also use cal0info=1 to hide prodinfo on the dirty emummc launch entry also but I couldn't seem to get that to work.
Can I do this with a pre modded switch ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

9/10 times people just half modded the switch. Half modded means they just dumped the CFW on the sysnand and just loaded games on it. It's best to buy a virgin switch that never been modded.

I see people sell dirty switch all the time with no dualboot I feel sorry those people. Youre better off searching for a regular seller that doesnt even know what CFW is and ask for the SN. That is what I did for my 2 CFW switches

It's not good to but a switch right now because of the price gouging. I did see a unpatched switch with 7 games for $500 but thats still too much money
Is it better if I buy a switch that is hackable and mod it myself ? The seller has a good price and he will mod it himself

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I do this with a pre modded switch ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it better if I buy a switch that is hackable and mod it myself ? The seller has a good price and he will mod it himself

How much is he selling it to you for? Dont let him mod it because 9/10 time he is just going to just dump the CFW on the sysnand

huhuacnl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much is he selling it to you for? Dont let him mod it because 9/10 time he is just going to just dump the CFW on the sysnand
I live in a third world country rn and he’s claiming that he is able to mod it and I would still be able to play online if I buy legit games,is that true ? ( he’s selling it for 380$)

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in a third world country rn and he’s claiming that he is able to mod it and I would still be able to play online if I buy legit games,is that true ? ( he’s selling it for 380$)

Yes if the Dualboot is set up because my switch is set up like that but $380 is pretty steep for a console with no games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1