Can you change Wii system time & date without Wiimote?

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much title, I have Priiloader, Homebrew Channel and Nintendont installed on my Wii and it auto-boots into Nintendont so I no longer had any need for a Wiimote, and I no longer have one. But now I need to change the system time of the Wii (daylight savings) and the only way I can find to do it is through the Wii settings app, which requires a Wiimote. Is there any homebrew application or anything like that that would allow me to change the system time using only my GC controller?

Solution
On further inspection I saw that the latest version of that program on the creator's github actually did have GC controller support, there just wasn't a release for that version. I manually compiled it and the GC controller worked fine and I was able to correct my system's time, so thanks for linking that. For anyone looking in the future, this is the latest version of that program that I manually compiled:

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by Foxes,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A Wii without Wii Motion Controller.......hmm....
Please,let me try to ememeber...what was one of the major Features from the Wii when it came out ?
Yes having a Wii without a Wiimote is as pointless as buying A Ferrari with no wheels. Sure you now own a Ferrari but you can't do fuck all with it lol.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use my Wii to play GC games, which a Wiimote is not at all needed for. I don't even own any Wii games.
That's the whole point @Alexander1970 and myself are making why would you buy a Wii to only restrict yourself to playing Gamecube games especially when there are some awesome Wii games you are missing out from playing.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the whole point @Alexander1970 and myself are making why would you buy a Wii to only restrict yourself to playing Gamecube games especially when there are some awesome Wii games you are missing out from playing.
Because it's much easier to homebrew a Wii than a GameCube and it's also much easier and cheaper to get a high quality HDMI signal out of a Wii than it is to get one out of a GameCube. Any Wii games I want to play I play through emulation, and the same can be said for most GC games as well, the only thing this console really gets used for is for trading Pokemon from Colosseum / XD onto the GBA games and for dumping the discs.

Foxes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On further inspection I saw that the latest version of that program on the creator's github actually did have GC controller support, there just wasn't a release for that version. I manually compiled it and the GC controller worked fine and I was able to correct my system's time, so thanks for linking that. For anyone looking in the future, this is the latest version of that program that I manually compiled:

Attachments

• sntp-v1.1.0.zip
    229.3 KB · Views: 49
Solution

kingjinxy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, does loading into the GameCube BIOS with Nintendont and editing the time there change the Wii's time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/04/08/walmart-settlement-meat-seafood-do-you-qualify/