Hacking Can you combine .xci games with .nsp updates/DLCs?

Tigro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
As in the title - I see some games have the option to download them either in .xci or .nsp and then there's another .nsp file with updates/DLCs. Can you, howver, combine the formats and have your base ROM run from .xci and install the updates from .nsp through DevMenu? Or do you have to install the game in .nsp format as well for the .nsp updates and DLCs to work?

Batpeter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes when the title ID of the base game is the same. This is often the same but not always. For example i couldn't update the XCI's of Steamworld Dig 2 and Darkest Dungeon with the NSP update. When it doesn't work you get a new 'game' that is just the update, then you can just delete the data for this update because obviously it doesn't work without the proper base game.
If anyone knows how to update these while staying offline, please tell.

Reactions: Tigro

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes when the title ID of the base game is the same. This is often the same but not always. For example i couldn't update the XCI's of Steamworld Dig 2 and Darkest Dungeon with the NSP update. When it doesn't work you get a new 'game' that is just the update, then you can just delete the data for this update because obviously it doesn't work without the proper base game.
If anyone knows how to update these while staying offline, please tell.

Search for the update files online on your PC and download them. You never need to connect to the internet now that we have working nsp installers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm just very busy atm