I`m THE FIRST ASKING THIS
blink.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Though Virtual Console, more than likely at some point.

GBA ROMs you already have? I expect it's going to take atleast a year or two before than happens, maybe longer.

There's always a chance the supercard team may be able to update their DSTWO cart to run GBA/ NDS games on the 3DS. We won't know until the 3DS is released.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3DS is ever hacked, it's almost certain there will be a GBA emulator for it. DS already has one with the help of the iplayer/dstwo. So the 3DS should have no trouble doing the job on its own.

As for natively, there's not a GBA slot. So unless Nintendo offers them via download, you can't play them.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
absolutely through emulation, in fact unless Nintendo block ds flashcarts on the 3ds you should be able to use the DSTWO cart or whatever has slot-1 emulation at launch!

besides that GBA emulation will def be possible on hardware as well as virtual console at some point

Nintendo didn't stop people using GBA flashcarts in there DS from launch they didn't do a thing so there's hope

FTommy

Trophies
Website
mmbnchronox.com
XP
Country
Hungary
It's pretty possible since i don't see any GBA slot like on the DSi.The reason why the DSi couldn't play GBA games from flashcarts for example was the main CPU wasn't enough powerful to do it,but now on the 3DS it's CPU gonna be a beast(just look at Kid Icarus's engine) so i think there's a huge possibility to play them.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Short Answer: There's no GBA slot on the 3DS so NO.

Long Answer (which for some reason people are using without answering the question fully): When it gets hacked there'll be a GBA emulator no doubt. But nobody knows how long that'll take since nobody capable of finding an exploit has access to 3DS hardware.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problably Yes, as there sould be a 3DS Network, 3DS Virtual Handheld(or Console), or any online shop alike.

Or when hacks or flashcarts are released, there should be an GBA emulator.

My 2 cents on both.

creep01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, the design isn't sure yet, so if they change the design to look more like the ds lite, it can
tho it would be heavier

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
wait lemme check.

yep, you need to run the pc emulator to run VBA. no 3d yet though.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe on an emulator when someone figures out how to code for the 3DS, or maybe thought a virtual console system like the Wii...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
creep01 said:
well, the design isn't sure yet, so if they change the design to look more like the ds lite, it can
tho it would be heavier
That doesn't make any sense at all. The way it looks will not determine what games it can play.

i think he is referring to the features, like, if they will add a gba slot or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1