Hacking Can you re-sign saves without a hacked 360?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I want to transfer my DOAX2 save from my old gamertag to my new one but this thing is completely locked down. I'm aware of Xplorer360 but I can't test it without buying new torx bits to get my 20GB out... Is it possible or do I need to do a little flashing and such?
moogle.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These days you can use a USB drive to transfer the save to and extract it with USB xtaf rather than pulling the drive apart, getting a reader or using a JTAG machine.

As for the save itself I am hesitant to say when it comes to save- some I have seen could quite happily do this in a couple of clicks but others are more troublesome.

Still I see savegames out there so it should be doable
Grab a copy of le fluffie ("APP download") http://skunkiebutt.com/?page_id=362 and that should allow you to see and fiddle with the ownership/ID of the save (some also use modio). I tend not do this for cross profile transfers (save fixing/uncorrupting, editing and relocking are more what I do) so I am not sure of all the specifics here. Equally MS take a fairly dim view of a lot of save editing (I believe they have this sort of thing as a paid service as well) so be careful.

Anyhow to answer your question yes you can pull it off. Some things might be easier if you did but you should still be able to pull something off.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Thank you!! I'll give this a try over the next couple of days and will be back with results

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
OK I had no luck with the apps mentioned (modio wouldn't even detect my USB) but I did stumble upon 360Revolution, which let me rehash/resign and actually use 100% DOAX2 save I found online, and there's even a money mod for the game although I can't seem to get it working.

Good news though for anyone screwed over by these bullshit lockdowns

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a new version of usb xtaf that works in windows 7? The version I have just locks up when trying to veiw the contents of my 360 hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game