Hacking Can you rename roms (sky3ds+)??

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I need to rename roms to their original name to make sure they show in alphabetical order, the question i need to ask is this.....

If i rename roms, will the game saves still work? or will it mess the game saves up?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just try it and see, it shouldn't mess up the save unless its an on card file, if that's the cast just rename the save file. If the save is stored internal it will be fine.

Also... you're still using Sky3ds?!

Reactions: jaisunny

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just try it and see, it shouldn't mess up the save unless its an on card file, if that's the cast just rename the save file. If the save is stored internal it will be fine.

Also... you're still using Sky3ds?!
I first started on gateway, but when I accidentally updated the 3ds, it stopped working. So I went to sky3ds as it supports all FW, never had a problem with it.

Whats the difference from this to any other method? I don't really want to take them apart to solder wires to or anything as i've screwed one up doing that before.

Also can you transfer game saves from sky3ds to another mod solution?

Last edited by jaisunny,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first started on gateway, but when I accidentally updated the 3ds, it stopped working. So I went to sky3ds as it supports all FW, never had a problem with it.

Whats the difference from this to any other method? I don't really want to take them apart to solder wires to or anything as i've screwed one up doing that before.

Also can you transfer game saves from sky3ds to another mod solution?

Using custom firmware and .cia installs >_>

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just found this:

Is this relevant?

Just need to know if sky3ds+ save files can be moved across on this method?

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We never recommend YouTube tutorials. I linked the one that's fullproof that everyone here used.
And with this method do you install the games on the home screen or do you need to enter via a website to launch the games? bit confused about that bit as nobody mentions that on the tutorials? also which cart is needed? if it is needed at all? i do have some R4i gold RTS laying around if its needed, but again isn't mentioned.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And with this method do you install the games on the home screen or do you need to enter via a website to launch the games?
they install to the home menu . . . you will however need to use a pc to obtain cia files. . . also once done you can use godmode9 to convert your .3ds files to .cia

also which cart is needed?
none really you can use a free dsiware game to cfw your 3ds (frogminer method)
i do have some R4i gold RTS laying around if its needed, but again isn't mentioned.
using a flashcard to cfw your 3ds (ntrboot method) is far simpler than frogminer if you have a compatible flashcard then you should do ntrboot

don't flashcard shame! HATE CRIME!!!!!!!!!
how about educating instead of shaming bro:rolleyes:

Last edited by wormdood,

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super guys thanks, will read up and look into it.

I didn't think a non card method existed. Awesome. But, yeah, I do have r4i, so I will look into the ntrboot method as well.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo