Hacking Can you safely update wii system to it's latest firmware?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but it will kill some of the softmods.

However, there really is no point in going past 4.1, as pretty much 4.2 and 4.3 firmwares were pretty much ways to kill some of the softmods like BannerBomb. At least 4.1 had somewhat of a purpose - fixing the glitch caused by Wii Sports Resort.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay how do you update through 4.1? Do you have to download the update? if so, where to? Thanks very much! I am new to wii scene. and would like to learn more about it on following days. I have a wii from a friend of mine. and to be honest, he doesn't know anything much about wii either. I just wanted it upgraded before anything else. So you're saying 4.3 is the latest one? just blocks stuff right? So I guess, ill stay 4.1 if thats the case.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update your console via ModMii :) and it's pretty idiot proof but a simple answer would be to DL the was version of the system menu you would like. You can DL these files through ModMii or NUSD and install by Wad Manager. Make sure you have the latest HBC installed and you will not lose any softmods!

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You can update to 4.3 if you wish and use SmashStack or one of the Lego Hacks to launch an exploit. As a modchip is installed you can use a backup of one of the games and then use Modmii to modify the Wii. One advantage of doing it this way is that your IOS's will then be up to date. With apps like Priiloader you can re-enable Bannerbomb in case you need to re-install HBC at some point

Its all down to you at the end of the day, you can have any system menu you wish (down to 2.0) but just make sure that you have a non-stub menu IOS in place otherwise you may brick the unit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: balls over