Misc Can't connect to wifi with my ds

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I run a wireless connection through my house using a D-Link DIR 655. I have never been able to establish wifi with my ds. Originally, the router was on firmware 1.21, but I recently upgraded to 1.32NA. I could establish and use the wifi until I set up my WEP2 security. Now, my ds recognizes the connection, accepts my password, but when it tests the connection, after about 15 seconds it drops all bars and says it can't connect. I contacted Nintendo service, and they couldn't do SFA to help. I seem to remember running into this problem when I used the Nintendo wireless USB thingy, and I figured it out back then, but fucked if I can figure this out. I know you youngsters are far more clever than I about these things, so can anyone help me out?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
First off, only the DSi and the Wii use WPA2 (which maybe you meant when you typed WEP2). That's my first guess. Do you have the password to your network written down correctly, and are you using the primary key? Other than those two guesses, I'm out.

Edit: How far away are you from your router when using your DS? If the router is in your basement and you're on the 2nd story, that might be a problem as well.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I did mean WPA2. However, I only have a ds, not dsi, so I guess this is the issue? Also, I am right next to my router.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Well then, there's your problem. The DS Lite only uses WEP to connect. Change your security protocol (or whatever it's called on your router) from WPA2 to WEP and use the primary password key. The questions about the distance really only applies if you're in a two story home or if you're using a router that is far away (like your cool neighbor's). My router is at one end of the house while I play in the living room. Also make sure your using b, b/g, or mixed. The DS does not use the "newer" protocols. Your mileage may vary.

Azlan Uchiha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I also use D-link.....I use no lock so i can play
biggrin.gif
....just try to not using any lock for your wifi so you can play online etc....for just a moment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it