Hacking Can't get back to Wii U menu

ChuckMappers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed the homebrew channel and installed haxchi. I'm stuck in an endless loop now. I can't get to the main Wii U menu icon. If I press home it takes me to the Mii maker. If I press home out of that it acts like it's bringing up with Wii U home menu but it will keep flashing. The only way out of it is to hold A and then it takes me to the homebrew launcher v1.4.

I've turned it completely off and unplugged it. When I turn it on it will get stuck in the endless loop of showing the main Wii U menu icon. If I do this without the SD card inserted it will crash and display -3 on the top left corner.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I've installed the homebrew channel and installed haxchi. I'm stuck in an endless loop now. I can't get to the main Wii U menu icon. If I press home it takes me to the Mii maker. If I press home out of that it acts like it's bringing up with Wii U home menu but it will keep flashing. The only way out of it is to hold A and then it takes me to the homebrew launcher v1.4.

I've turned it completely off and unplugged it. When I turn it on it will get stuck in the endless loop of showing the main Wii U menu icon. If I do this without the SD card inserted it will crash and display -3 on the top left corner.
Maybe you installed CBHC as well?

Reactions: ChuckMappers

ChuckMappers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you installed CBHC as well?
I think I did. How do I uninstall? I press the home button and it takes me to the mii maker and has the house with a slash through it. In mii maker I can hold the home button to suspend software. I can do anything on that screen even go to the estore but if I try to close software I get stuck in the loop again

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I did. How do I uninstall? I press the home button and it takes me to the mii maker and has the house with a slash through it. In mii maker I can hold the home button to suspend software. I can do anything on that screen even go to the estore but if I try to close software I get stuck in the loop again

From hb launcher. Run cbhc installer and select to remove it. When u first turn Wii U on do u get a cbhc message and to press home button to get into menu. If cbhc is installed u should get that. If u have cbhc setup to autoboot into an app that is on sd card and don’t have sd card in then that’s why u would get a -3 error as that is sd card error

U can go into hb store to get cbhc installer and dl it to sd or dl it on pc and put it onto sd card in Wii U / apps folder

Last edited by Tri-Z,
Reactions: ChuckMappers

ChuckMappers

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From hb launcher. Run cbhc installer and select to remove it. When u first turn Wii U on do u get a cbhc message and to press home button to get into menu. If cbhc is installed u should get that. If u have cbhc setup to autoboot into an app that is on sd card and don’t have sd card in then that’s why u would get a -3 error as that is sd card error

U can go into hb store to get cbhc installer and dl it to sd or dl it on pc and put it onto sd card in Wii U / apps folder
Perfect! That worked! Thanks for the help.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect! That worked! Thanks for the help.

Maybe u had cbhc installed and had it set to autoboot mocha which would be on ur sd card and that was ur problem. I heard when both used at same time it causes issues. U don’t need mocha with cbhc, just use cbhc and that’s it. And make sure u install it over a legit bought ds games from the eshop. Or you can just do haxchi and u will just have to set up config how u want it and just click the ds game u bought and installed it over to do System patches. Cbhc will auto patch on boot so no need for mocha. Mocha is a free way of doing instead of buying a ds game. U goto web exploit to hblauncher then start mocha. But spend the $5 and buy ds game and do haxchi and if want to install cbhc ontop of that

Glad to hear it cleared up for you

ccouteiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,

Hello, i have exactly this problem, looping between HB menu and mii menu... Everything was fine till last night, kids were playing , we have a general power failure, and when we start the wii U again , the described problem happen.
If i throw the SD i have the -3 error... So i have to remove it, and download it again and put it on the app folder of SD again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm funny. lol.