homestar92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's what I'm dealing with:
To load backups on my Wii U's wii mode, I use CFG USB Loader 71beta49t2 and I keep my Wii games on an SD card (to avoid having separate hard drives for Wii and WIi U modes)

The reason for CFG as opposed to the other options are as follows:
Wiiflow Lite has compatibility issues with some games that simply don't happen in CFG (Sam & Max Season 1 is one example - works fine in CFG, but Wiiflow crashes when I choose an episode).
I don't use GX because my Wii games are on the SD card (to avoid having to deal with separate hard drives for Wii mode and Wii U mode) and it currently doesn't support that (I wish it did, as that would be my ideal solution)

So I'm stuck on CFG. But, I can't get WiiWare games to work on EmuNand. The same game on the same NAND dump works in GX, but when I launch it in CFG, the attached video is the result. Has anyone seen this before who could offer some guidance as to what's missing or what I did wrong? I am not using any version of neek (are there any that work on vWii?) but presumably, I don't have to since the games seem to work in GX. Currently my workaround is to either install the WAD to the real NAND or to use GX for WiiWare games but I REALLY would like everything to be in one place by whatever means are necessary to make it work.

Video is here:

Alternatively, if someone knows of an alternate build of GX that works with games on the SD or knows how to fix the Sam and Max issue in WiiFlow, that would also work.

I suppose option C would be to just not play Sam & Max Season 1 on the Wii since there's about a million other, better ways that I could play it. But it bothers me when things don't work so at this point, it's become something of a quest, and it working on CFG means that WiiFlow can probably be configured for it to work and I just don't know how.

Last edited by homestar92,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I don't use much cfg loader but I've figured out an alternative:
-You can use Wiiflow for almost all your wii, gc and wiiware games. Wiiflow lite supports emunand as well.
-Concerning Sam & Max, you can set up sneek(+di) in your sd and try to lauch it from wiiflow. Many games which are incompatible with regular cios/emunand work with sneek. To set it up, use Modmii and read the guide throughly.

homestar92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use much cfg loader but I've figured out an alternative:
-You can use Wiiflow for almost all your wii, gc and wiiware games. Wiiflow lite supports emunand as well.
-Concerning Sam & Max, you can set up sneek(+di) in your sd and try to lauch it from wiiflow. Many games which are incompatible with regular cios/emunand work with sneek. To set it up, use Modmii and read the guide throughly.
I ended up just sucking it up and using a hard drive with a hidden partition for my Wii games and switching to USB Loader GX. In order to accommodate two USB hard drives, I did the unlimited 5v USB mod so both rear ports could output a less dainty amperage.

I have also found that the hotfix versions of d2x that support UStealth for emunand introduce a lot of compatibility issues, so I reverted to d2x-v10-beta52-vWii and kept the emunand on SD. That helped a lot. Certain games (later Guitar Hero titles in particular) just weren't working, but once I switched them to use full emunand instead of real nand, they sprang to life.

Current setup is as follows and has basically 100% compatibility:
Wii U games on a hard drive in the Wii U's proprietary format, as you'd expect.
Gamecube titles on SD because Nintendont has issues loading from USB when two hard drives are connected.
EmuNAND on SD because the version of CIOS I'm using doesn't work with Ustealth partitions.
FAT32 hard drive for Wii titles with UStealth hiding the partition to kill the nag screen.

This setup seems to work 100% flawlessly while also using a much better supported USB loader.

As a programmer, I'm tempted to learn how to code Tiramisu modules. I have a couple ideas. One seems viable, the other is a pipe dream. The viable one would be to kill the nag screen without UStealth. The more fantastical one would be support for a partitioned drive, say a 1TB drive with a 500GB partition of the proprietary Wii U filesystem and another 500GB FAT32 partition for Wii mode.

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm glad you solved the issue. Concerning your ideas, maybe you can create an Aroma plugin based on usb nag (the native solution to hide usb on wii u). As you've said, the second one seems much more complicated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I pmed a supervisor!