Kumikiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi,

So I just got a dual IPS N3DS and I want to do the system transfer from my old N3DS.
Problem is, I can’t update my old N3DS, it gives me the error code you can see on the picture.
Does anyone knows how to fix this error ?

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So I just got a dual IPS N3DS and I want to do the system transfer from my old N3DS.
Problem is, I can’t update my old N3DS, it gives me the error code you can see on the picture.
Does anyone knows how to fix this error ?

Thank you
What firmware is it on? Do you know if you're 3ds is Japanese or perhaps American (region changed to Europe)?
Have you tried updating it through the recovery mode (holding A+R+L+dpad (up) on boot)?

Kumikiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We can't even read the top screen...
Top screen doesn’t matter it is just the standard update screen.

What firmware is it on? Do you know if you're 3ds is Japanese or perhaps American (region changed to Europe)?
Have you tried updating it through the recovery mode (holding A+R+L+dpad (up) on boot)?
The current firmware I have is 11.6.0-39E
My 3DS is European and yes I tried to update through recovery mode, but unfortunately no luck either, I have no error code but the update is just stuck at 0% on recovery mode.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reflash image of working nand backup. if you don't have one or it doesn't work, you may have to do a ctr nand transfer to fix something that is likely corrupted.

Reactions: CoolMe

Kumikiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, i would do this (ctrtransfer). Obviously, backup your digital game ls with GodMode9 and game saves with Checkpoint before doing so.
Honestly I don’t really care about games and saves, I already have a backup of every save that I care about. The only things that I don’t want to lose are my NNID and log history..

Thanks I’ll try ctrtransfer
(and yes I tried removing sd card, it didn’t work either, even swapping with a brand new one didn’t work)

Kumikiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You could always connect to your NNID after you're done with ctrtransfer & updating the fw.
The thing is that I want to transfer my NNID to another 3ds, if I format my current 3ds can I still use it on the new console ?

Just tried ctrtransfer with 11.15 and 9.2, it didn’t work the console can’t boot on the home menu.

Then I tried CTRTransfer Type D9 with 11.5 it works, then I tried to update. It’s better because the update begin, the bar actually begins to fill itself then once it reach about 1/4 completion, same error as before, I don’t understand.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that I want to transfer my NNID to another 3ds, if I format my current 3ds can I still use it on the new console ?

Just tried ctrtransfer with 11.15 and 9.2, it didn’t work the console can’t boot on the home menu.

Then I tried CTRTransfer Type D9 with 11.5 it works, then I tried to update. It’s better because the update begin, the bar actually begins to fill itself then once it reach about 1/4 completion, same error as before, I don’t understand.
yes, but the id0 will change iirc, which is the Nintendo 3DS folder, so all old content will not work.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, unless you want to contact Nintendo Support and tell them about about your situation, they can help you connect to your NNID on the target 3ds.
"Didn't work" as in it completed the ctrtransfer and you just get a black screen when you power on the 3ds (or perhaps an Arm11 error)?
This makes me think, during this period have you ever downloaded files from the 3ds or ftp'd to it and failed? If so it might be the wifi board not working correctly which could explain why it's failing to update.

Kumikiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, unless you want to contact Nintendo Support and tell them about about your situation, they can help you connect to your NNID on the target 3ds.

"Didn't work" as in it completed the ctrtransfer and you just get a black screen when you power on the 3ds (or perhaps an Arm11 error)?

This makes me think, during this period have you ever downloaded files from the 3ds or ftp'd to it and failed? If so it might be the wifi board not working correctly which could explain why it's failing to update.
I had an ARM11 error when booting the console

Now that you mention it, I think I had some problem with ftp transfer some years ago and I already had this problem for updating my console.
I just did a backup of my extdata as I read that it keeps the activity log, and formatted my console. I’ll see if now the update works..

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had a similar issue a while back where the update would just hang (there's prob a thread on here somewhere where I asked for help and eventually solved it). I think I resorted to a combination of an old NAND backup and ctrtransfer to eventually solve it (followed by running faketik to restore my installed titles).

Kumikiri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After formatting the console the update could finally complete itself, well thanks everyone for your help, too bad ctrtransfer didn’t work in my case as I didn’t have any nand backup. I gave up transferring the activity log to my new N3DS but at least I transferred successfully my NNID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress