Capcom Showcase 12/June/2023 - Roundup

Last week, it was announced that Capcom would be giving their own live showcase to bring some updates and news regarding what they've been working on and have on store, all of this as part of the Summer Games Fest. The Capcom livestream will be taking place today, June 12th, starting at 3pm PDT/11pm BST, and it's expected to have a runtime of around 36 minutes.

Capcom hasn't mentioned anything about what they could be potentially covering in their showcase, but given the still recent release of RE4 Remake and the more recent Street Fighter 6, it's possible we might see some new information regarding those titles, more so since there hasn't been anything new regarding RE4:R since the release of the free DLC "The Mercenaries" back in April, and some data mining was found regarding a placeholder menu asset for "Separate Ways" (or rather "Another Order" as it was known in Japan).

Join us as we cover the event live and discuss the surprises that Capcom unveils!

...And the event begins!
The usual countdown starts and it's then followed by some game trailers when reaching the 5 mins countdown mark, followed by the actual presentation:
  • We start off with a thank you from Capcom regarding their 40th Anniversary this year.
  • We see some landscapes and structures similar to Japan, followed by some fighting and creatures roaming the land. Path of the Goddess, an action game made on the RE engine. Coming to Xbox Series, PS5 and Steam/PC.
  • Megaman X Dive is next, the mobile game based on the Megaman X series, showcasing some of the mechanics and several characters that are going to be available for the game.
  • Street Fighter 6 is up next, with World Tour, Fighting Ground and Battle Hub being the game's 3 modes. New fighters will also be released later. Capcom Pro Tour 2023 will feature the game, as well as Pro JP 2023 and Pro USA/Europe 2023.
  • Resident Evil 4 VR is the next game showcased, for the PlayStation VR2, and we get to see the parrying mechanic in its full VR glory.
  • A video of a little girl singing in the middle of a sci-fi shooting battle. Pragmata, coming to Xbox Series, PlayStation 5 and PC.
  • Ghost Trick gets a new trailer, as well as some words from its developers. A demo for the game is available now, with the main game being released on June 30th, 2023. Some pre-order bonuses will also be included.
  • Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice Trilogy is also showcased, coming on early 2024. Includes Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice in the trilogy package.
  • Capcom opened a digital theme park called Capcom Park Town to celebrate Capcom's 40th Anniversary, with some titles like Megaman and Street Fighter 2 available to play for free in the digital park. The link to visit the digital theme park can be found here.
  • Capcom now mentions their "Capcom ID", which is required to play Resident Evil RE:Verse, Street Figther 6 (online features) and Exoprimal online. More titles and services might require said ID later.
  • Exoprimal's turn, with a new trailer focusing on a little bit of the plot, cutscenes and some neat gameplay of the game. Available July 14, 2023. Some characters are available as pre-order bonus, with more seasons coming up later. Capcom also showcases one of the modes for the game, called "Dino Survival Mode". Some more exosuits are shown as well. A n open Beta 2 will start from June 16th to June 18th.
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 will be the last title showcased, with a trailer for it. The game will feature spawns to make it feel like a coop game. It was developed in the RE Engine too, and according to the devs, the player will be able to tackle encounters and fights in a variety of ways.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would be nice to have a Monster Hunter announcement with Sunbreak wrapping up. Seems a bit soon so I don't expect it, but it'd be nice lol
Highly plausible they might. Tbh I'm just waiting to see if they will officially announce DLC for RE4, and then possibly some upcoming RE game. The rest could be anything and it'd be a nice bonus altogether. Capcom has been doing a good job with their titles during these past years it seems, so they're on a good track.

Reactions: Xzi

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sad low bitrate of the stream, I think I've just had plenty macroblocks for dinner.
Post automatically merged:

I have the strangest feeling of Deja Vu /s
Erm... something new?

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay this is selling me a lot better on Exoprimal than anything previous, but I'm still opposed to the pricing structure of $60 PLUS a substantial battle pass. SF6 has a battle pass but it's only basic cosmetic stuff, nothing FOMO.

In the long run it looks like a game that could dethrone FartNut.

Last edited by Xzi,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IMHO it was an OK presentation.
Too many games that tasted good when fresh but after some years in the freezer and now reheated in the microwave they don't look so appetizing.

But Path of the Goddess looked that it could be good, perhaps.
And DD2 looked awesome.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
IMHO it was an OK presentation.
Too many games that tasted good when fresh but after some years in the freezer and now reheated in the microwave they don't look so appetizing.

But Path of the Goddess looked that it could be good, perhaps.
And DD2 looked awesome.
Yeah Path of the Goddess and DD2 I'm completely sold on, Exoprimal I'll wait for reviews and probably a discount. I can't touch X Dive or I'll spend way too much money on it, eff off Capcom. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...