Capcom Showcase 12/June/2023 - Roundup

Last week, it was announced that Capcom would be giving their own live showcase to bring some updates and news regarding what they've been working on and have on store, all of this as part of the Summer Games Fest. The Capcom livestream will be taking place today, June 12th, starting at 3pm PDT/11pm BST, and it's expected to have a runtime of around 36 minutes.

Capcom hasn't mentioned anything about what they could be potentially covering in their showcase, but given the still recent release of RE4 Remake and the more recent Street Fighter 6, it's possible we might see some new information regarding those titles, more so since there hasn't been anything new regarding RE4:R since the release of the free DLC "The Mercenaries" back in April, and some data mining was found regarding a placeholder menu asset for "Separate Ways" (or rather "Another Order" as it was known in Japan).

Join us as we cover the event live and discuss the surprises that Capcom unveils!

...And the event begins!
The usual countdown starts and it's then followed by some game trailers when reaching the 5 mins countdown mark, followed by the actual presentation:
  • We start off with a thank you from Capcom regarding their 40th Anniversary this year.
  • We see some landscapes and structures similar to Japan, followed by some fighting and creatures roaming the land. Path of the Goddess, an action game made on the RE engine. Coming to Xbox Series, PS5 and Steam/PC.
  • Megaman X Dive is next, the mobile game based on the Megaman X series, showcasing some of the mechanics and several characters that are going to be available for the game.
  • Street Fighter 6 is up next, with World Tour, Fighting Ground and Battle Hub being the game's 3 modes. New fighters will also be released later. Capcom Pro Tour 2023 will feature the game, as well as Pro JP 2023 and Pro USA/Europe 2023.
  • Resident Evil 4 VR is the next game showcased, for the PlayStation VR2, and we get to see the parrying mechanic in its full VR glory.
  • A video of a little girl singing in the middle of a sci-fi shooting battle. Pragmata, coming to Xbox Series, PlayStation 5 and PC.
  • Ghost Trick gets a new trailer, as well as some words from its developers. A demo for the game is available now, with the main game being released on June 30th, 2023. Some pre-order bonuses will also be included.
  • Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice Trilogy is also showcased, coming on early 2024. Includes Apollo Justice, Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice in the trilogy package.
  • Capcom opened a digital theme park called Capcom Park Town to celebrate Capcom's 40th Anniversary, with some titles like Megaman and Street Fighter 2 available to play for free in the digital park. The link to visit the digital theme park can be found here.
  • Capcom now mentions their "Capcom ID", which is required to play Resident Evil RE:Verse, Street Figther 6 (online features) and Exoprimal online. More titles and services might require said ID later.
  • Exoprimal's turn, with a new trailer focusing on a little bit of the plot, cutscenes and some neat gameplay of the game. Available July 14, 2023. Some characters are available as pre-order bonus, with more seasons coming up later. Capcom also showcases one of the modes for the game, called "Dino Survival Mode". Some more exosuits are shown as well. A n open Beta 2 will start from June 16th to June 18th.
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 will be the last title showcased, with a trailer for it. The game will feature spawns to make it feel like a coop game. It was developed in the RE Engine too, and according to the devs, the player will be able to tackle encounters and fights in a variety of ways.

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay this is selling me a lot better on Exoprimal than anything previous, but I'm still opposed to the pricing structure of $60 PLUS a substantial battle pass. SF6 has a battle pass but it's only basic cosmetic stuff, nothing FOMO.

In the long run it looks like a game that could dethrone FartNut.
Fortnite is free, Exoprimal has no shot against it at $60...

Well that was a showcase. I was hoping for a new Monster Hunter reveal, or a new Phoenix Wright game (not a collection) or even like, DLC for SF6? Megaman? Something?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
bored showcase,,,
Nah pretty good considering it's just one developer and they already had two big releases this year. DD2 will be a better RPG than Starfield, certainly, but that might be setting an unreasonably low bar.

Fortnite is free, Exoprimal has no shot against it at $60...
That's why I said "in the long run." Eventually they'll realize they should've released parts of the game as F2P. 10-player Left4Dead style co-op against a horde of robo-dinos is better than any mode Fortnite has to offer, especially with those graphics.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Wow, this is the first time I see a game that come to PS5 didn't come to PS4. Does this mean Sony finally let it go?

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While this presentation contained almost nothing of any interest for me, I do have to say that it was still the only one that got me absolutely hyped for one single reason: Localized versions of Ace Attorney 5 and 6. FINALLY!

Mhetralla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
appolo trilogy french translation
oh my god, finally
Oh, I realized they are not gonna translate it to Spanish. Why japanese devs sometimes do this? Translating to German and French but not Spanish, I mean. I'm sure an Spanish translation would sell way more copies than French or German.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, I realized they are not gonna translate it to Spanish. Why japanese devs sometimes do this? Translating to German and French but not Spanish, I mean. I'm sure an Spanish translation would sell way more copies than French or German.

Ace Attorney games (as well as Professor Layton) are actually quite popular in Germany and France. Nevertheless I feel you. Having neither Spanish nor Italian as a language option seems kinda odd. Would have liked to play the collection in Spanish at some point as I resort to playing video games to learn the language.

Now I'd really like to see some sales figures of Ace Attorney games in different countries Capcom may or may not have based this decision on. I mean, they are famous already for being lazy with localizations whenever they deem them unnecessary. That's why I was quite astonished they'd go the extra mile to at least include German and French... so astonished actually that at first I overlooked that ES and IT languages were missing. Hopefully, the community can apply a bit of pressure so that they'll at least deliver them with a patch later on (maybe they were even planned already, but the localizations took longer).

Reactions: Asia81

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This one wasn't too bad it's just a megaman x game with some gacha gimmicks at least it was when It first came out and I played. Probably did get bad as they usually do, but I enjoyed playing it using the free gems/coins.
Thanks, gosh I hate those crap gacha games.

Reactions: Ligeia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch