Capcom shows off some new Resident Evil 2 Remake gameplay footage

Ani-Com & Games Expo is currently going on in Hong Kong, and Capcom was there showing off some brand new footage for the upcoming remake of Resident Evil 2. Though the developers and commentators aren't speaking in English, the gameplay shown is fully dubbed. The gameplay is shown running off a PS4 Pro model. They also give us another look at the previously announced Collector's Edition for the game, which retails for $199.99, and includes the game, its DLC, the soundtrack, an artbook, a figure, and a case. Resident Evil 2 will be releasing physically and digitally on January 25, 2019, for Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4. The livestream in full can be found linked below.

:arrow: Source

Spunky247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Better Release a PC VR Version of Resident Evil 7 first @CAPCOM Idiots! :-(
But thats probably never gonna happen...

Last edited by Spunky247,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm super excited for this. I feel like I will miss the fixed camera angles though.
A Switch version would be too good to be true :[

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
RE4 gameplay with RE2 setting, just what the doctor ordered.
You call it RE4 gameplay because it's third person? If there's even half as much shooting as RE4 in this one I'm gonna be depressed. In fact they did promise not to turn it into RE4.

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
You call it RE4 gameplay because it's third person? If there's even half as much shooting as RE4 in this one I'm gonna be depressed. In fact they did promise not to turn it into RE4.
Because it's over the shoulder third person with a very similar control setup to RE4. RE4 was also quite linear and less puzzle orientated, but had a nice balance. RE2 is less so yet more puzzle orientated, so i think we will have the best of both. After all resident evil started in the survival horror genre, it was only as the industry and market shifted away from the genre that they decided to be more action orientated, but it wasn't till RE6 that it became an issue.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Because it's over the shoulder third person with a very similar control setup to RE4. RE4 was also quite linear and less puzzle orientated, but had a nice balance. RE2 is less so yet more puzzle orientated, so i think we will have the best of both. After all resident evil started in the survival horror genre, it was only as the industry and market shifted away from the genre that they decided to be more action orientated, but it wasn't till RE6 that it became an issue.
Whether it's a problem or not is subjective. RE4 killed what I loved about the games, while being a decent game on its own. Same goes RE5, an absolute disgrace of a Resident Evil game, but an amazing co-op experience, it MIGHT have made them more money, but RE5 and RE6 are never gonna be considered classics in any similar fashion as the first 3.

The market never shifted, that was just an assumption. "WE NEED TO REACH A BROADER AUDIENCE" has been happening forever and is just an effect of a businesses growing with hungry investors and shareholders. Neither CapCom or Konami tried continuing in their old school ways, the last games they made in the same veins, RE3 and SH3 respectively, were extremely successful, and when CapCom actually tried making a scary game again, RE7, it was a huge success. Just seeing how popular the re-release of REmake and Zero are proves that alone.

Last edited by Shadowfied,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I disagree RE4 killed my love for the series. It also had nothing to do with market shifts, Capcom just wanted to sell the games to a broader audiance instead the core fanbase who loved these games to start with.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Shadowfied

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la