Carnival Games makes a return on the Nintendo Switch

IMG_9615.JPG

When the Nintendo Wii was at its peak, there were many games that tried to capture the userbase's attention. One of which was Carnival Games, by publisher 2K Games. The series would go on to sell 9.5 million copies on the Wii, before quietly disappearing with the end of the console's lifespan. Now, 2K Games has decided to bring the franchise back on the Nintendo Switch, offering a new experience of 20 different carnival games that all make use of the Joy-Con controllers. It's planned for release exclusively on the Switch on November 6th of this year. It'll retail for $39.99.

Built from the ground up for Nintendo Switch, Carnival Games is fun for the entire family and can be played alone or with up to four players simultaneously, leveraging the unique accessibility of the console’s Joy-Con controllers. The game features 20 exciting and re-imagined games in four unique alleys that can be played at home or on the go, alone or with family and friends.

Like a real-life county fair, Carnival Games allows players of all ages and experience levels to enjoy classic games like ring toss (“Post Master”) and alley ball horse racing (“Roll-R-Derby”), as well as brand new attractions like drone racing (“Light Speed”) and cosmic bowling (“Cosmic Strike”). Four uniquely themed alleys – Jungle Lane, Saturn Station, Vulture Gulch and Nuts & Bolts – provide a different look and feel for the games within them. Players have the chance to win tickets by playing any of the 20 games and redeem them for new games and outfits for their customizable carnival guest characters.

Key Features

– A Fun Variety of Carnival Games for Everyone: Like a real-life county fair, Carnival Games bursts with 20 exciting games that you can play over and over. Classic games such as shooting basketballs (“Swish”) and taking down clowns (“Clowning Around”) are joined by brand new attractions like flying drone racing (“Light Speed”) and cosmic bowling (“Cosmic Strike”). With 20 total games across four uniquely themed alleys, there’s fun for everyone!
– Carnival Games Everywhere: With Nintendo Switch, Carnival Games is a game for everyone and for everywhere. Whether on the big screen or small screen, Carnival Games can be enjoyed wherever you want to play.
– A Multiplayer Party: Bring your family and friends in on the fun for a true Carnival Games party. Up to four players can participate simultaneously, bumping up the level of excitement and competition in all 20 carnival games.
– Play, Win, Get Rewards: Play games, win tickets, and trade them in for new outfits for your carnival guest characters. Dress them up to match your style or go wild with wacky headgear, shirts and bottoms.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure I would even mention half of these come back titles. It is kind of embarrassing seeing the budget titles from a system two generations ago, coming back once more to plague said company's latest console.
Then again, what do I know, maybe there is a market for this game, and certainly the developers should have a fair attempt at making a little capital...

...assuming much of that profit makes it's way back to those directly involved. It seems now a days that heads in companies run around like they represent the core and essence of the creative output that draws in the sales. When that happens in reality you have train wrecks, ala Kathleen Kennedy.

Anyhow, if the consumer has to see this game wasting shelf space at their local store, when they could have a fresh copy of DOOM sitting there instead, then the Switch market will buckle just like the Wii's did for lack of good games at the local shopping center. The fans of the system will suffer unless they've a means to shop on-line, and everyone is going to be miserable and kill themselves over it (I'm using the Hemmingway Shotgun method myself), and so I sincerely hope that in the end the freaking devs, and not the company heads, make some sort of profit off this so at least their lives will be bettered by this because I'm pretty sure no one else's will be. Suburbias will burn because of this! Our comfortable little life style choices WILL BE THREATENED, what are we going to do!?!?!?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What’s next, you may ask? Remember the DS cult classic “My Stop Smoking Coach”? Well, prepare for a brand new Switch port, now with motion controls and HD rumble! Compatible with Labo!

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed these games plus the golf one a lot with family so it's nice to see it still exists, gonna pick this up for shits and hope it's not a god awful game.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What’s next, you may ask? Remember the DS cult classic “My Stop Smoking Coach”? Well, prepare for a brand new Switch port, now with motion controls and HD rumble! Compatible with Labo!
How about a ''how to get rid of your gaming addiction in less than 3months''

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played these games to say rather they are good or not, but it isn't like they are just porting the Wii version over. Would be funny to see a lot of the Wii titles coming back. Cooking Mama when?

Anyway, guess there is no online, not that I would get this game even if it did.

Abstract3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is just extremely disappointing, While the Wii had a great start, the gimmick ended quickly and they set themselves up for failure branding their next console with the Wii name & association. (there were a few more issues) People have been tired of the Wii name & Gimmick for some time now, Nintendo Distancing themselves from that product would be their best bet, yet here comes Carnival Games!

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Carnival Games was a really good Kinect game on the Xbox 360.

Not totally sure how it would work on the Switch, however depending on the controls it could be a good party game. Not something i'd pay £50 for, however £10-15 might be a fair price depending on the content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1