Cave Story v0.6.0 Update, Sega Genesis

Cave-Story-MD (WIP).010.png

The popular and rather amazing Sega Genesis port of the platforming Homebrew game Cave Story, has received an update. This update, officially titled the 'stuck at home edition', most notably offers improvements to the music! Please see the change log and project page link below for more information!

Change Log:
• All music tracks completed
• The music won't slow down when the game does anymore
• No more OOM when loading a level, for real this time
• Nicer effects for polar star, fireball, snake, and bubbler
• A whole lot of other stuff fixed

icon11.gif
Project Page

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
why? the game wasnt made origiginal for the mega drive nor was it based on any mega drive game, so i dont see how playing it on a genesis makes it anything special since its just a lower resolution port, would porting any game to an older system with worse resolution/graphics make it better?

one thing is if it was inspired by genesis games and it wasnt even that, acording to the dev he was inspired by castlevania and metroid nes so meh i really dont see what would make this special at all imo.

Because, it's fun! And, that update deserves the publicity.

Can this be finished yet? From what I have been told you can play most of the game, but not beat the last boss?

https://github.com/andwn/cave-story-md#readme

"The main story is "finished", only little things and bugfixes remain."

Also v0.5.0 patch notes : "Hell and Ballos fight are beatable"

They patch notes read like it is 'winable' but some story and game aspects are not fully implemented yet.

You can ask the developer on Twitter : https://twitter.com/donutgrind

-Another World.

Reactions: Moon164

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why? the game wasnt made origiginal for the mega drive nor was it based on any mega drive game, so i dont see how playing it on a genesis makes it anything special since its just a lower resolution port, would porting any game to an older system with worse resolution/graphics make it better?

one thing is if it was inspired by genesis games and it wasnt even that, acording to the dev he was inspired by castlevania and metroid nes so meh i really dont see what would make this special at all imo.
I can't quite explain it, but it has a unique feeling of playing directly on an old console that marked your childhood, a console that you grew up playing on.

It is a special sensation and the fact that the game is available on an old console makes it unique, it is not something that many indie games can achieve.

Last edited by Moon164,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/yvivDdRirLA?si=R7xWO-6_-Qa0DDml